• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with Gigastudio 3 and Cubase SX

Share/Bookmark

Angry Problem with Gigastudio 3 and Cubase SX

I'm using integrated audio card and so I've to use Gigastudio 3 in re-wire with cubase sx. The problem is that when I play a MIDI track with Giga the time (beat) is not regular, like the two applications were not syncronized, some times there is an anticipation (or a delay) on beat...With other applications like halion 3 (even with the same sounds imported) I don't have these problems.....so I don't think the problem is my PC.....may be some midi settings.....but I tried to change sync and MIDI parameters without any success....maybe I forgot something (I'm not an expert of MIDI)....watching the MIDI control window in giga studio I see that note on-off signal are not regular, example:

playing at 60

I'm going to be crazy with this problem.....
    Thanks for help

My PC: P4 3,2 ghz (ht off), 1gb ddr400dualch, 7200rpm sata drive, integrated sound card Realtek HD

....and sorry for my english ; )

Re: Problem with Gigastudio 3 and Cubase SX

Had the same problem. Changing the Master ASIO Driver in Devices/Device Setup/VST Audiobay in Cubase solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gs
    Had the same problem. Changing the Master ASIO Driver in Devices/Device Setup/VST Audiobay in Cubase solved the problem.
    Ok, thank you....I've only integrated audio and I'm using ASIO Directx, any hope to solve the problem for me? To use mme sems to me not the best options......

I think you must buy a good soundcard first one from M-audio or even better a RME soundcard will solve alot problems for you! Asio direct-x drivers are not the best ones for making music! Huge latency anyway, the brandnames i mentioned will write and stay up to date with drivers working smoothly (ahuum) with apps like GS and cubase SX.

Goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    I think you must buy a good soundcard first one from M-audio or even better a RME soundcard will solve alot problems for you! Asio direct-x drivers are not the best ones for making music! Huge latency anyway, the brandnames i mentioned will write and stay up to date with drivers working smoothly (ahuum) with apps like GS and cubase SX.

Goodluck.
    I agree, however I would tend not to use the words "M-Audio" and "good sound card" in the same sentence :>)

D

Why not ESI Juli@, not very expensive and with GSIF 2 driver...

More information on recommended sound cards:

At our studio we do a lot of soundtrack work, as well as pure audio projects. We enthusiastically recommend the Dakota PCI audio card from Frontier Design Group. It's GSIF-2 compatible and works beautifully with GigaStudio 3.1. (Frontier Design Group writes Tascam's drivers for their own cards, so compatibility/integration issues are rare.)

Most users do just fine with just the Dakota card. But we're operating in a particularly MIDI-intensive environment, so we added the Montana expansion card to the Dakota card, and then connected them to Frontier's rack-mounted Sierra MIDI/SMPTE expansion unit. Even when purchasing all three components, it was a very reasonably priced solution for so much power and flexibility.

By itself, the Dakota card provides 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe in and out, 2-channel S/PDIF on coax or optical cables, 2x2 MIDI on standard MIDI cables, ADAT sync input, etc. Attaching the Montana card adds another 16 ADAT lightpipe channels in and out, plus an ADAT 9-pin sync output and additional inputs for video sync or word clock using either RCA or BNC inputs, so audio can directly lock to NTSC or PAL video at standard frame rates.

Adding the Sierra unit again doubles the number of available MIDI ports, and provides dedicated SMPTE jacks for timecode I/O without using any audio channels. Using inputs from the Sierra, Dakota supports SMPTE and MIDI timecode chase-lock. We prefer this over software-based timecode chase-lock that uses real-time audio resampling or repositioning. This also lessens the CPU load, which we all know can be an issue when running GigaStudio.

We're awaiting Frontier Design Group's release of a software patch to enable the Dakota card to operate at 96kHz (right now its max is 48kHz). When that's accomplished we'll have the "perfect" set-up for our needs . . . at least for a short while!

aloha,
    --jt
    justin thyme

Thumbs up Re: Problem with Gigastudio 3 and Cubase SX

The Frontier cards are excellant cards even at 48k. I have a fellow drummer friend who uses GS3, and lots of neat triggers with hybrid DIGI/ACOUSTIC kit. He uses the same setup, which is overkill really, but a treat to hear. Flawless drivers also, as long as he doesn't use USB. I wish Creamware would write GSIF2 drivers, but I'm stuck with GSIF1. However, they too have been flawless. As long as the latency's low, and no BSODs, I won't cry, ..too much.

Go Back to forum