• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What part of "Thou shalt not kill" ...?

Share/Bookmark

What part of "Thou shalt not kill" ...?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Another gem from the guy who was asking God to "open up" a few more vacancies on the Supreme Court:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/rob...vez/index.html

Say WHAT???!!!
    - Layne

Re: What part of "Thou shalt not kill" ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Layne
    Another gem from the guy who was asking God to "open up" a few more vacancies on the Supreme Court:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/rob...vez/index.html

Say WHAT???!!!
    It's actually "Thou shalt not murder"...two totally different things, and the Bible is pretty clear about it. You would think that Pat would know the difference, being a fundamental and all, but he doesn't. I definitely understand your point. What is more disturbing is that his quotes indicate more of a concern with money than anything..including people's lives.

Robertson is as crazy as they come. And unfortunately, he is on television, and associating himself with Christianity. Please don't hold it against the rest of us Christians who wish he never was born. Although that may not be the nicest thing to say...it's true.

Robertson said that at the "core of Islam is jihad"..which is also not true. Let's thank God that the core of Christianity isn't fundamentalism also...yet.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Don't get me wrong, Danimal. I grew up in a very conservative Christian home. (Been trying to make up for it ever since )

It's just that where I went to church we put a lot of stock in that "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's" verse. It was just an unspoken rule that politics was never mentioned from the pulpit. I know Robertson's history and I know better than to hold anything he says against Christians - even fundamentalists - in general.

My point is the same one you made. This wingnut is on television! And with a big enough audience, odds are there may be some wingnuts of the more homicidal variety who may decide that they need to heed Brother Pat and go do "God's Work".
    - Layne

Don't get me wrong, Danimal. I grew up in a very conservative Christian home. (Been trying to make up for it ever since )

It's just that where I went to church we put a lot of stock in that "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's" verse. It was just an unspoken rule that politics was never mentioned from the pulpit. I know Robertson's history and I know better than to hold anything he says against Christians - even fundamentalists - in general.

My point is the same one you made. This wingnut is on television! And with a big enough audience, odds are there may be some wingnuts of the more homicidal variety who may decide that they need to heed Brother Pat and go do "God's Work".
    Thank you. That's wonderful to hear. I thought I was alone.

That verse is one of my favorites to think about when I read about political idiots like Robertson. My father is a Lutheran (ELCA) pastor, and never mentions politics from the pulpit, even though he has some strong beliefs about it. It's sad that Robertson even claims to know exactly what God's will is. I sure don't. I only know it's good, and Robertson is evil.

It was just an unspoken rule that politics was never mentioned from the pulpit.
    Same when I was a kid...I went to a Southern Baptist church (which today is considered rather "fundmental") and there was NEVER a mention of politics.

Prayers for leaders and soldiers, yes (Cuban Missile Crisis comes to mind), but no politics.

I've been watching this shift into politics since the mid 70's with growing unease.

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Same when I was a kid...I went to a Southern Baptist church (which today is considered rather "fundmental") and there was NEVER a mention of politics.

Prayers for leaders and soldiers, yes (Cuban Missile Crisis comes to mind), but no politics.

I've been watching this shift into politics since the mid 70's with growing unease.
    Also nice to hear.

As the ambassador to Venezuela pointed out, Pat Robertson was a presidential candidate in 1992 and very influential in turning over South Carolina to Bush - hence the country to the dark side - in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Pat Robertson

a.k.a the antichrist, the beast, Beelzebub, Lucifer's son, Prince of Darkness, Robber of Life, Author of Pain.

I wonder what Pat would think about the passage that the antichrist will rise to political power, draw tons of Christians in and mislead them, etc.. I think he fits the part

It's just that where I went to church we put a lot of stock in that "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's" verse.
    I think that's one of the best lines ever written. It's a great segregator.

Caesar! Hail!

Marcus Antoninus

By the way, I believe him when he said that Bush didn't think anyone would get killed. Bush really is that much of an idiot.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast