• Register
  • Help

Topic: USC or Steinhardt

Share/Bookmark

USC or Steinhardt

Hi!

I've followed some posts on the topic about film scoring courses and I consider taking one.

I have heard a lot about the one year certificate at USC, but recently I heard about the M.A. in composition with emphasis on film scoring at Steinhardt School, NY... (two years...).

Does anyone know about the Steinhardt program compared to the USC certificate? And is the importance of beeing in L.A. (if you want to be a part of the film industry) an argument in it self (USC instead of NY)?

Also, someone mentioned that Bruce Broughton gives personal lessons - would that be better than any course?

Henrik

Re: USC or Steinhardt

check your PMs for my reply.

Why PM a reply. This is the kind of question that would have broad interest on this board (me I'm just curious). Unless it's personal information please consider posting your response.

Steve

I'm sorry, I PM'd this reply because I have experience with one or both of the schools, and not everything I have to say is positive. While I'm happy to give private advice to individuals, I'm not comfortable lambasting my former department for permanent public record on the internet.

Wish I could be more forthcoming...

chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik
    Also, someone mentioned that Bruce Broughton gives personal lessons - would that be better than any course?
    If there is any way to study with this top notch composer (Hollywood or no) than absolutely gear everything else around it. It would be 100 times more valuable than any program.

Go Back to forum