• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mysterious (German) Piano Man

Share/Bookmark

Mysterious (German) Piano Man

Smile Re: Mysterious (German) Piano Man

Strange story is this one!!!
    Thanks to remind me to the end (or not) of this story I was forgeting it....

Best,
    Roberto

Re: Mysterious (German) Piano Man

Am I the only one who knew this was a stunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Am I the only one who knew this was a stunt?
    No, I knew it as well It was so clear...
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

All musicians knew that ... it's too similar to "Shine"

Its a shame,
    nobody recorded his two hours interpretation of "one note samba"

Chris Hein

Anyone see the movie "Hombre Mirando Al Sudeste?" (the Argentinian movie "Man Facing Southeast.") It is about a wandering man who checks himself into a mental institution.... and he plays the organ exceptionally well.

David

Thumbs up Re: Mysterious (German) Piano Man

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein
    Its a shame,
    nobody recorded his two hours interpretation of "one note samba"
    Chris Hein
    ROFL!

Good one! (I had to add this line, otherwise the forum editor would refuse my reply, for a message needs to be at least 10 characters long - now it's about 160 chars long )

Wierd isn't it, but you can't blame the guy for trying. The public are so drawn to the image of the "idiot savant", the vacant, other-worldly figure that was born with some mysterious ability to make incredible music without even trying.

Much better that than the tedium and drudgery of years at music schools practising scales instead of going out every night, then clawing your way up through the profession. Music is such a sublime experience that nobody seems to be able to see a connection between it and the concept of WORK. They want to think it just washes up on a beach . . .

I thought "Shine" was overrated anyway, as a film I mean. Seemed to all fall apart at the end, the narrative was rushed and choppy. Anybody else feel that?

Ho hum.

Yeah, I think that rule is unfortunate.

I think kvr got rid of it and managed to implement some method for eliminating inadvertant double posts.

(FWIW, I refer people in the kvr forum over here all the time when they are looking for information that this forum is particularly good at covering.)

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum