• Register
  • Help

Topic: Now Complete - Flute Sonata No. 1

Share/Bookmark

Now Complete - Flute Sonata No. 1

I think I posted the first 2 movements way back when, but I am not sure. Anyhoo.... I finished the 3rd movement this week, so here is the whole thing:

I. Allegro e marcato
    II. Andante con moto
    III. Finale

Yippee.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Thumbs up Re: Now Complete - Flute Sonata No. 1

I play flute, though not very well. That really sounds correct and very nice. Do you play the flute? Did you use a wind controller?

bruce

Re: Now Complete - Flute Sonata No. 1

No, I can't even make a sound with the flute, although I know the principle behind it. lol

I did not use a wind controller, either. I almost always compose directly into Finale and have it play back. I am not a big fan of messing with all the MIDI settings, so the combination of GPO and Finale (2006) has been fantastic. I am a composing fool now.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

WOW Jess, I just listened to the last one, this is really realistic sounding!

It's as if I had just wandered into a recital hall at a college, very cool!

Great job!
    dpDan

Thumbs up Re: Now Complete - Flute Sonata No. 1

Hi Jess,

I really love your chamber music.

You are finding out the best from your composition study. Posting your work you give also a good example to other people...

thanks, ciao

Fabio.

Thanks guys, I am hoping to get this performed in the next month or so.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum