• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EAST WEST PRO UPGRADE??

Share/Bookmark

EAST WEST PRO UPGRADE??

I think I missed the memo somewhere, but help me to understand really quick.

If I buy EWQLSO Gold edition right now for $500 bucks, what do I have to pay to upgrade to the PRO edition? $895??
    "I am the genius of me"

Re: EAST WEST PRO UPGRADE??

eh, it's the life!

Pro is an upgrade for Gold!

Mmm I see your point, but...

If I buy EWQLSO Gold edition right now for $500 bucks, what do I have to pay to upgrade to the PRO edition? $895??
    "I am the genius of me"

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...?sku=EW-160PRO

Looks like it's $696.50 now, but isn't shipping till Sept. 30.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...?sku=EW-160PRO

Looks like it's $696.50 now, but isn't shipping till Sept. 30.
    So what should I get...

Gold for $500 non-PRO edtion

OR

Silver for $300 PRO edition??
    "I am the genius of me"

Quote Originally Posted by clock_worker
    eh, it's the life!

Pro is an upgrade for Gold!
    The Pro editions are add-ons, they don't have the material from the original libraries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt
    So what should I get...

Gold for $500 non-PRO edtion

OR

Silver for $300 PRO edition??
    Silver Pro only makes sense if you have Silver. If that's the case, and you want additional, some rather specialized, articulations (including QLegato) with the same sound quality, get Silver Pro. If you want a lot more traditional articulations and vastly improved sound quality (chromatic sampling and release trails), get Gold (non-Pro).

If you then some day upgrade to Gold Pro, you'll have all the articulations of Platinum, plus all the new instruments, articulations, and specialized articulations. The only difference between that and Platinum + Platinum Pro is you'd have 16-bit samples instead of 24-bit samples, and you'd have only the stage mic position, where Platinum has close, stage, and surround mic positions.

- Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by sbkp
    If you then some day upgrade to Gold Pro, you'll have all the articulations of Platinum, plus all the new instruments, articulations, and specialized articulations.

- Stefan
    Thanks SBKP,

I went ahead and bought Gold on Friday. Not dissapointed. Its fantastic. So far I love everything about it, its awesome! It just blows me away how technology takes giant leaps forward. Could you imagine how much better the life of a 17th century composer would be if he/she could at least hear their compositions using the technology that we have today? Im very thankful that Im alive in this time in history where nothing like this has ever been possible.

Anywho,
    Because the Pro is just an "add-on" will it be full price to those that own Gold now? I understand that right now it seems to be $695, but thats temporary, right?
    "I am the genius of me"

Banned

Could you imagine how much better the life of a 17th century composer would be if he/she could at least hear their compositions using the technology that we have today?
    Are you kidding? Where would Mozart have found a new SATA hard drive in the middle of the night when his died!!??!?!?!

Anywho,
    Because the Pro is just an "add-on" will it be full price to those that own Gold now? I understand that right now it seems to be $695, but thats temporary, right?
    The 30off price is in effect until the library ships. Currently, EW is saying that's going to be September 30th.

- Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by sbkp
    Are you kidding? Where would Mozart have found a new SATA hard drive in the middle of the night when his died!!??!?!?!
    Newegg of course.
    "I am the genius of me"

Go Back to forum