• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: can kontakt2 use vsl performance tool

Share/Bookmark

can kontakt2 use vsl performance tool

Im thinking of buying kontakt 2 soon and hear it is shipping with some vsl instruments, can you use the performance tool with it

Re: can kontakt2 use vsl performance tool

Yeap!

Quote Originally Posted by musikman
    Yeap!
    What's your experience, is it a good workflow?

The workflow is exactly like gigastudio, except that you have to install a 3rd party midi virtual port like Midi Mapple tools to route the midi between the sequencer and the Performance Tool.
    As for the samples, Kontakt´s conversion will work perfectly but it takes a long time to convert all the patches, so one could expect to spend 2-3 days to convert them before using. But you only have to do this once, and it is definitely worth to port the library to Kontakt.
    Kontakt also has a legato script available that emulates the behaviour of performance legato that can be saved with the patch. Very useful!!

Thank you! My Kontakt2 arrives tomorrow, hope I don't get computerized problems too.

Re: the instruments that are shipped with K2, you don't NEED the performance tool. The script engine takes care of that.

If you want to use external VSL instruments, you can still use the performance tool, or you can use custom scripts that others have created for legato, etc. The scripting function pretty much makes the performance tool obsolete.

EDIT: As far as porting your VSL library from Giga to Kontakt, VSL has a Kontakt version of Opus 1. When I wanted to switch, I simply told them that I bought the Giga version before they had a Kontakt version and they allowed me to change my license to Kontakt and download those files. The download is small, as it uses the EXS samples on your disks.

Don't know about the bigger libraries, tho.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Hi Rob, or anyone, does that mean that if you have a Giga version of VSL (eg Pro Version), when you import samples into K2 like an alternating Violin Stac patch, the performance tool will work to alternate samples?

Thanks, Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_L
    Hi Rob, or anyone, does that mean that if you have a Giga version of VSL (eg Pro Version), when you import samples into K2 like an alternating Violin Stac patch, the performance tool will work to alternate samples?

Thanks, Craig
    I think that porting the Pro edition to Kontakt is a huge undertaking; if it wasn't, the company would have done it themselves. Prepare to spend weeks sorting out the mapping.

D

Converting Pro Edition to Kontakt takes 2 - 3 days, no need for re-programming of any kind. I´ve done it. As I said before, you only have to do this once and it is definetly worth to port the library.

Edit: Remember, Batch conversion is 100% automatic and you don´t have to sit beside your computer during the process. Just make sure that you have enough room for the converted data and the .gig files, and the conversion will be painless.

You converted the entire Pro Edition of VSL from Giga to Kontakt? You're insane.

I'm amazed that the process didn't break any instrument programming. Was this conversion done in Kontakt 1.5.3 or 2?

Amazing. This is the one reason I've held off even looking in the direction of VSL to date. I do not want to ever put Gigastudio on my machine again, but I can handle 2 or 3 days of sample conversion.

Wonder if anyone else has had this success with the Pro Edition.

Go Back to forum