• Register
  • Help

Topic: Did I mention ...

Share/Bookmark

Did I mention ...

that after downloading the latest patch from Microsoftinthehead for the latest virus that GPO doesn't woik for me anymowa?
    Just thought I would mention if anyone has or is thinking of doingk the same darlink!
    Styxx

Re: Did I mention ...

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    that after downloading the latest patch from Microsoftinthehead for the latest virus that GPO doesn't woik for me anymowa?
    Just thought I would mention if anyone has or is thinking of doingk the same darlink!
    That's the main reason I keep the music PC away from the web. Thanks for the warning!

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Re: Did I mention ...

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Well, for balance, I have to say that I always install the latest security updates from Microsoft and Norton. I have no problems with GPO or anything else as a result.

I do hope that you were able to restore your system from a current backup, which would clear the present problem. I prefer this method to using the System Restore function, which uses computer power because it is continuosly monitoring, and because it sometimes renames files in the restore process. However, the renaming can be circumvented by storing your data files on a separate drive, as I do. The other reasons for storing data on a separate drive is that the operating system is more susceptible to crashes than a purely data drive, and if your system drive goes awol, you still have your data intact. And, keep your backups on an external device! Mildly expensive, but this has helped me, and all I have lost over the years is some unimportant email.

Richard

Go Back to forum