• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: "Two Flutes"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Two Flutes"

    Boys and Girls and Funlovers everywhere,

    This is my "Two Flutes".

    Both flutes and the harpsichord are GPO.

    My best to y'all,

    Larry A.


    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/TwoFlutes.mp3

  2. #2

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Another LGA masterpiece!!!

    One comment, though. I notice you used the flute V patch. If you use the NV patch you can control the vibrato and I think if you spend a lot of time on it you can make the vibrato just right. I find it works very nicely.

    What's with the happy birthday and the Beethoven 5? lol!
    Just in time for my birthday and I just happen to be on a Beethoven kick lately. What a coincidence!

    Nice piece!!

    -Chris

  3. #3
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Larry!!!! Where did this come from? This is fantastic! Did you take some genius pills? Seriously, I regard this as the best and most original thing you've done. Love the quotes and somewhat atonal flutes. Great job! (PS If you do have genius pills I'll send you my mailing address.)
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  4. #4

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Larry, Mr. Alexander, Sir.



    Great job. I always love listening to your stuff - it lifts me up. The first part sounds almost like a polka! And I am with Chris on this - where did the Beethoven and Happy Birthday come from? Is there a special reason they are quoted in there?

    Your counter melodies are always a treat and buried in there for us to discover.



    Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  5. #5

    Thumbs up Re: "Two Flutes"

    Larry,
    this piece is simply great.
    I agree the first part sounds like a polka, and what a wonderful think toward the end those two beautiful theme. Great!
    I really enjoy listen your music!!!

    Best to you,
    Roberto

  6. #6

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Larry!!!! Where did this come from? This is fantastic! Did you take some genius pills? Seriously, I regard this as the best and most original thing you've done. Love the quotes and somewhat atonal flutes. Great job! (PS If you do have genius pills I'll send you my mailing address.)
    What? This old thing? It's something I just threw together.

    Thanks for your comments.

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Larry, Mr. Alexander, Sir.



    Great job. I always love listening to your stuff - it lifts me up. The first part sounds almost like a polka! And I am with Chris on this - where did the Beethoven and Happy Birthday come from? Is there a special reason they are quoted in there?

    Your counter melodies are always a treat and buried in there for us to discover.



    Jerry
    The Ludwig theme and Bappy Hirthday came out of the left field of my wacky mind. They are there for no special reason.

    Thanks for listenin'.

    My best,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Larry,
    this piece is simply great.
    I agree the first part sounds like a polka, and what a wonderful think toward the end those two beautiful theme. Great!
    I really enjoy listen your music!!!

    Best to you,
    Roberto
    Rob,

    I appreciate the fact that you took the time to listen. Thanks.

    Ciao,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    I notice you used the flute V patch. If you use the NV patch you can control the vibrato and I think if you spend a lot of time on it you can make the vibrato just right.
    -Chris
    The flute vibrato is just as I wish it to be. At my age, I can't afford to "spend a lot of time on it".

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Two Flutes"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    The flute vibrato is just as I wish it to be. At my age, I can't afford to "spend a lot of time on it".

    LGA
    OK. I understand. The flute V patch has a very nice vibrato indeed. It just gets a little loopy on the long notes, but you don't have many long notes, so it works quite well!

    Another congrats on a great piece!
    -Chris

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •