• Register
  • Help

Topic: PO vs. Gigastudio1?

Share/Bookmark

PO vs. Gigastudio1?

Hey gang - I trust this type of question is appropriate - still leaning towards the PO but how does PO differ than other types such as the Gigastudio1 and others in the similar price range?

Thanks in advance

Re: PO vs. Gigastudio1?

Gigastudio 1?
    Gigastudio 3 is the latest and greatest, but it's just a sample platform. GPO is an actual sample library that runs in the Kontakt platform and comes with it's own Kontakt player that runs as a plug-in. If you were go get Gigastudio you'd get some sample content, but it wouldn't be a whole library and it wouldn't probably be nearly as complete as GPO. Then you'd have to buy an orchestral library for gigastudio. Gigastudio seems like a great sample platform, but you'd have to either develop your own library with it or buy someone else's. And gigastudio right out of the box won't let you compose right away.

I'd go with something like GPO or Microslav Philharmonik. Or if you're aiming for a more big, hollywood sound the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra. I really like the GPO sound. Microslav Philharmonik seems to be a more complete GPO, but lacks in some features such as enseamble building. However, I beleive when GPOA comes out it will be one of the best orchestral libraries around.

Personally, I really like GPO. It has all the features I REALLY like: warm, intimate sound, enseamble building (especially in the winds), and GREAT programming!

Do some research and find out what's best for you.

I think I've rambled long enough...

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Personally, I really like GPO. It has all the features I REALLY like: warm, intimate sound, enseamble building (especially in the winds), and GREAT programming!

Do some research and find out what's best for you.

I think I've rambled long enough...

-Chris
    Thanks cptexas - you rambled just right - I think you may have confirmed what I suspected - the sound and ready to go out of the box is what I need.

My use of PO would be the simplest of all time - My tracks will have my daughter's piano, my son's flute, my simple guitars and bass and then PO will step in a and "play" an occasional violin, cello, oboe, French horn, etc. - very simple lines and tracks. So - it appears that PO would fit the bill!!!

Thanks for your valuable input

Later

I'm glad to have been of some help!

GPO sounds like exactly what you're looking for. And if you did get GPO then you would also have the ability to create huge orchestral arrangements as well if you ever decide to do a larger orchestra. It's really a great tool!

-Chris

Go Back to forum