• Register
  • Help

Topic: Emperor: note cuts out at high velocity

Share/Bookmark

Emperor: note cuts out at high velocity

I'm using the 16 bit version and the note C2 cuts out at any velocity above 112. If I lower it to 112 or below its fine. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, JP

Re: Emperor: note cuts out at high velocity

If I'm not mistaken, this error is fixed by applying the update:
    http://www.postpiano.com/support/allUpdates.php?id=148

Thanks for the tip. I should have mentioned that i use EXS 24. I believe the link was for Giga. I do have the latest EXS update (Emperor v2) but it has problems of its own. Although all of the notes do sound, sometimes certain ones don't sustain.
    Any other suggestions please?
    Thanks, JP

Hi Jim,
    Did you apply the update from our wesbite?
    It's at the SUPPORT PAGE

If you remain having notes that cut off there is trick in EXS24 that solves this:
    “update selected zones from wavefile”

Ø open the instrument in the EXS24 editor by clicking edit in the right corner of the EXS24 screen
    - in the editor, select all zones (option-A) or just the zones that have the problem with note cut off.
    - select "update selected zone(s) info from audiofile" (the lowest option in the zone menu)
    - Logic will calculate for a few minutes
    - and present the proposed changes
    - click ok and Logic will execute the changes
    - after completion, don’t play but;
    - save the instrument and exit Logic (!)
    - restart Logic and load the instrument again.
    This solves 99% of all such problems but may also override some settings from the original instrument file (mainly attack and decay settings, or better sample start and end pointers).
    So, please save the original instrument files under a back-up name before doing the above precedure.

Let me know if you have more problems, you can send email to our support address.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

What a rich and beautiful instrument Emperor is....I've just finished playing it for the past 3 hours :-)

Thanks for your reply Michiel. Yes I already have the update. I have performed your EXS trick and so far all is well. I'll contact your support line if i have any other issues.
    JP

Go Back to forum