• Register
  • Help

Topic: how do most of you record your orchestra arrangements, 1 or 2 computers

Share/Bookmark

how do most of you record your orchestra arrangements, 1 or 2 computers

I getting ready to buy kontakt or giga studio, I hear a lot of people sit up giga studio on a seperate computer. I already have a spare computer so there would be no exspense involved. I am interested in doing string arrangements. If I sit up a seperate computer and record into my main computersthat uses nuendo wont I have to sync the two together.Would I use rewire for this. On the other hand if I use kontakt am I better off on a sererate computer or putting it on my recording computer along with the samples. If I do this wont I have to use the freeze function a lot.

Re: how do most of you record your orchestra arrangements, 1 or 2 computers

Hi, your best bet is probably to check out these products;

http://www.fx-max.com/

Regardless of whether you go Kontakt or Giga, Max will have a tool for the job.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Thumbs up Re: how do most of you record your orchestra arrangements, 1 or 2 computers

I second that, Max' Teleport is great to run VST stuff remotely. I currently use it for 1 convolution instance on an old Pentium 3 server, still with very low latency, but I will be using it with faster machines for other plugins and VSTi's.

I have also tested the (then) beta version of the GigaStudio wrapper, but that didn't work well with this particular Win2K server. I have no doubt that you should be able to run Gst over a LAN connection, without sound card connections, with Max' software.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRoos
    I second that, Max' Teleport is great to run VST stuff remotely. I currently use it for 1 convolution instance on an old Pentium 3 server, still with very low latency, but I will be using it with faster machines for other plugins and VSTi's.

I have also tested the (then) beta version of the GigaStudio wrapper, but that didn't work well with this particular Win2K server. I have no doubt that you should be able to run Gst over a LAN connection, without sound card connections, with Max' software.
    I have 3 PCs slaved to my DAW via FX-Teleport and Giga VST adapter. It all works very well, but with 2 provisos:
    Firstly, I can only record one instrument at a time as my sequencer only allows me to record from 1 VST "output". If I was using the traditional route I could send each instrument to a different output and then send each input (from my DAW) to a separate audio track.
    Secondly, I have been unable to get GigaPulse to work properly. One instance is just about OK, but any more causes some kind of electrical sound build up almost like a sine wave. I'm not the only one with this problem and Max is aware of it.

DG

thanks guys, this stuff looks great Jeff

I've tested the FX max stuff. Its awesome...although slow to load remotely

Go Back to forum