• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cymbal trick

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Cymbal trick

I just figured this one out with the cymbals when doing my Lord's Prayer arrangement. If a single hit just won't do it, you can combine cymbals. In the Lord's Prayer I had three crashed in a row, each getting louder. The last one I couldn't quite get powerful enough, so I used both D and C#. It produced a very nice sound!

-Chris

Re: Cymbal trick

I've used that same trick before, too, cp. It works great!

Something that also works well is to use the C# as a grace note to the D. It makes the crash sound extra dramatic, as well as vary the sound of the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    I've used that same trick before, too, cp. It works great!

Something that also works well is to use the C# as a grace note to the D. It makes the crash sound extra dramatic, as well as vary the sound of the technique.
    Yeah, that would work, too!
    The D crash is perfect--just a kschhhhh. Not like some others I've heard that go pa-kschhhhh. I tried simulating a pa-kschhhh by putting a ping (below the gongs, I think) and then the D crash.

But I like your idea!

-Chris

It makes a skwKSCHHHH!

Nice and triumphant.

I like your phonetics.

Maybe we can have an old Batman vst or something where we can map all of the old things like "BIFF!" and "BOPP!" and "KERSPLASH!" and all of the oldies.

Think so?

Go Back to forum