• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audiolivepro Nice Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Audiolivepro Nice Steinway

Two new demos at Kornel Mezo's site ( http://music.mezo.com ). Wow! I really like what I hear! Also, interesting to compare with the demo of the Art Vista Virtual Grand that is also at the Mezo site.

It's a wonderful time for sampled pianos!

Lawrence

Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Re: Audiolivepro Nice Steinway

Ain't it just!!
    I'm looking forward to the Nice Steinway myself... I already have the Art Vista VGP and Kornel's excellent script (I had to first make a "stripped down" version of a VGP classic preset for K2 though... deleting the MIDI controlled EQ makes a huge difference in CPU, and the piano sounds great "flat" anyways )

Question Re: Audiolivepro Nice Steinway

Vic,

Please help this technoignoramus. When you say that you stripped out the MIDI-controlled EQ, how did you do that?

DavidH

Hi David,
    First of all, a little safety measure... I recommend working on a duplicate of the .nki preset. you're probably going to want to save this edited version for future use, and if you save the preset from within Kontakt 2 then you won't be able to open it again in the VGP Kontakt player, so better play safe:-)
    So.. it's up to you if you wish to perform the edit in K2 or in K1 (which you can of course still open in K2, but not vice versa).

If you want the best performance out of your system (particularly if you are going to use Kornel's script), I'd recommend starting out with one of the "Light Piano Dry" presets.

If you edit in K1..
    Load the preset and click the Edit button on the left of the instrument.
    Click "Edit All" (so that it lights up pale blue)
    Click on the body of the second module down (Filter.. which should be set to "EQ - 1 Band"), so that the whole filter module turns brown.
    Hit the Delete key on your computer.
    Save the preset (with a new name!)

If you edit in K2 (same procedure, but it just looks a bit different)...
    Click on the "wrench" icon on the left, to open the Editor.
    Click on "Group Editor" (so that it lights up pale blue)
    Click on "Edit All Groups" (so that it lights up bright red, and all the group names underneath get a checkmark)
    One of the squares in the Group Insert FX module a little further down wil be "EQ-1".Simply click on the top-right of that square (there's actually a little "x"), and it gets deleted. (anecdote.. there's a bug in K2.. it doesn't matter at the moment if "Edit All Groups" is activated or not.. even if you wanted to delete an insert FX from just one group, if there is an identical FX in the same corresponding slot in other groups, they'll get deleted anyways, whether you want or not!)

In fact the edit I have done for myself is a little less brutal than that.. there's some very nice EQ-ing of the "wood" in the high-register notes that I didn't want to lose (although unfortunately it is bugged in K2, so I had to recreate that by other means).. so I edited in K1 and only deleted the EQ from the groups containing the lower notes, while preserving my edit on the higher register.

Sorry.. I seem to have hijacked the thread a little
    Olivier, we're all eagerly awaiting the Nice Steinway!

Vic,

Thank you,

DavidH

Go Back to forum