• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Liquid Cinema Impacts IS THIS ANY GOOD??

Share/Bookmark

Liquid Cinema Impacts IS THIS ANY GOOD??

Hi
    I am thinking of buying Liquid Cinema Impacts
    Do any of you guys have this cd?
    Is it any good???
    I would be buying this for the swooshs

thanks for the help!
    dave

Re: Liquid Cinema Impacts IS THIS ANY GOOD??

Hi Dave-I was dissapointed when I purchased this. I've had it for 6months and have yet to use it. I bought for the swooshes as well as the hits. Atmosphere covers the swooshes just fine and I ended up getting Stormdrum for the hits. Just my 2 cents. Jeff Rona is da man but ,after all. these are sounds that have been used quite a bit and they, to me sounded a bit dated. Anyone else? Ya wanna buy mine? wanna trade? no monkey's please. Kevin

dammit! what am i going to do with all these freakin' monkeys??

zquaries- I have the same problem. I wish my monkey would evolve. Then I'd have a live in drummer. Kevin

I havent had any experience with Impacts, but I've used cinematic pulse on a few gigs... works quite well though can be tough to get to fit into the mix at times. Also, there are a few loops you'd recognize from any number of Media Ventures scores... I remember hearing one that was used extensively in Assassins.

Rich
    Rich Douglas
    Composer / Sound Designer for Interactive Media
    http://www.richdouglas.com

Post Re: Liquid Cinema Impacts IS THIS ANY GOOD??

Quote Originally Posted by ddk
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying Liquid Cinema Impacts
    Do any of you guys have this cd?
    Is it any good???
    I would be buying this for the swooshs

thanks for the help!
    dave
    Hello Dave,

Cinematic Impact is a good buy for the price. It has a decent selection of hits, drums and swooshes and should come in useful. Nothing on the CD is new or revolutionary, nor is the sound quality above average, however for $40 or so it is a good purchase.

Thanks,

Kaveh

www.kavehcohen.com

If you're looking for FX type oddities for your scores, Noise Generator is a must. It's not super cheap, but it's got a real smorgasboard to utilize.

While the editting of the samples leave ALOT to be desired (dead space before samples begin...I'd bet a million bucks they were using peak, and didn't edit the added silence on bounced files), the broad range of pure nutz in the sound is more than worthy of the investment.

RMX has a super sweet collection of hits and whatnot as well. Invaluable. Period.

Hope that helps.

Monkeys! Where???

Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

It has some whooshes, but they're pretty much all the same. Not enough variety to be the go-to set. But as Kaveh says, for $40, it's worth having.

Artsounds, which Atmosphere patches are you using for whooshes? Other than maybe Human Vocal Noises, I didn't really notice any. But I often overlook cool stuff, so I'd be interested in your favorite whooshes.

- Mike Greene

The swooshes arent too good or varied on the disk. I too had bought it for that purpose. Its more of hits, and more use to a sound effects person than a composer.

Go Back to forum