• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Question Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

    I have a full orchestra set up using Finale and the full version of GPO and everything works great.

    One major problem I am having, however, is mapping percussion from Finale to GPO. There is no option for "Full GPO General Percussion" on the Finale side--only an option to map to the included cut-down version of GPO.

    I have tried using the the cut-down Finale/GPO Percussion map, but it only partially corresponds to the percussion instruments in GPO's "General Orchestral Percussion" list. Some work; some don't.

    For example, I can put the base drum and Tam tam on any staff position I like and they playback correctly, but snare drums wander around at random and never stay when I located them.

    Thanks for any help. I know this marriage of full GPO and Finale is new and we're all learning as we go.

  2. #2

    Re: Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

    Ron,

    The answer would be to create your own percussion map - or edit an existing one. It's not too difficult.
    Richard N.

    Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

    Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

    Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

  3. #3

    Re: Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Ron,

    The answer would be to create your own percussion map - or edit an existing one. It's not too difficult.
    Hi Richard,

    I have created my own percussion maps, but still cannot get a link between them and the full GPO to work reliably. (Yes, it is easy to create one that maps correctly to the built-in cut-down version of GPO.)

  4. #4

    Post Re: Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron B.
    Hi Richard,

    I have created my own percussion maps, but still cannot get a link between them and the full GPO to work reliably. (Yes, it is easy to create one that maps correctly to the built-in cut-down version of GPO.)
    Sorry to have wsted everyone's time on this one. Today, suddenly, the percussion map and GPO are working perfectly. I don't know why I couldn't get satisfactory results the past few days. Yesterday I couldn't get trhe snare to play back on the line I had chosen for it; today, with no changes, it works like it's supposed to work.

    Just another of those little tricks that machines like to play on us, I guess.

  5. #5

    Re: Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron B.
    Sorry to have wsted everyone's time on this one. Today, suddenly, the percussion map and GPO are working perfectly. I don't know why I couldn't get satisfactory results the past few days. Yesterday I couldn't get trhe snare to play back on the line I had chosen for it; today, with no changes, it works like it's supposed to work.

    Just another of those little tricks that machines like to play on us, I guess.
    Hello Ron,

    Would you explain exactly (in easy steps) how you created a percussion map in finale 2006 and got it to work with the full GPOin Finale. I'm sure there are others here, like myself, who would be very grateful if you would share this with us.

    Many thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  6. #6

    Re: Finale 2006 and Percussion Maps

    Michael,

    Other than reading through the Finale manual () this free download from Berklee may be of interest:

    http://www.berkleeshares.com/songwri...otation_finale
    Richard N.

    Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

    Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

    Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •