• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nasty urban grime

Share/Bookmark

Nasty urban grime

Hi.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for sample collections that focus on nasty, gritty, urban beats/hits/beds? I'm specifically looking for samples in the UK genre of 'grime'. I'm just about to start work on a TV series about yobs and yob culture in Britain and want it to sound suitably angry.

Cheers,

Nick

-----------------------
    www.messhead.com

Re: Nasty urban grime

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Harvey
    Hi.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for sample collections that focus on nasty, gritty, urban beats/hits/beds? I'm specifically looking for samples in the UK genre of 'grime'. I'm just about to start work on a TV series about yobs and yob culture in Britain and want it to sound suitably angry.

Cheers,

Nick

-----------------------
    www.messhead.com

Maybe Ghost in the Machine ( I think that's one??) Maybe Atmosphere for beds and also Absynth.

Can't wait to see that programme Nick - a subject very close to one's heart.

Hi Paul.

Thanks for your response. I have all three that you've mentioned and can't imagine musical life without Atmosphere. I haven't really delved into Absynth 3 yet (that's the problem with owning too many plug-ins!) but have a feeling that it may well be suitably painful for this project.

Ah. Nice middle-class boy from the home-counties is preparing to morph into dysfunctional hooligan from the inner-city. My girlfriend won't know what's hit her (not literally of course).

Cheers,

Nick

-----------------------
    www.messhead.com

I'm not sure but there's a sample CD called "Grimy" here http://www.samplecraze.com/product.php?xProd=79&xSec=34

Might be what you're looking for. It's only £10 so it won't break the bank if it's not that great.

Thanks for that Mosquito. I'll check it out straight away.

Nick

-----------------------
    www.messhead.com

Go Back to forum