• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: nskit7 commercial - experiences?

Share/Bookmark

nskit7 commercial - experiences?

Inquiring if anyone has experience with the commercial version of nskit7 from www.naturalstudio.co.uk?

This looks like a wonderful sample set. Very deeply multisampled with multiple articulations. The PDF manual is very comprehensive.

Unfortunately the MP3 demos on the website are full instrument mixes so it is difficult to judge the individual drums, but it sounds very interesting nonetheless.

Thanks in advance!

Re: nskit7 commercial - experiences?

Yeah, it seems like a nice potnetial alternative to Drumkit From Hell 2. Is there ambient/overhead miccing?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    Yeah, it seems like a nice potnetial alternative to Drumkit From Hell 2. Is there ambient/overhead miccing?

jeffn1
    No unfortunately AFAIK. The manual states that the focus of the kit was on deep multisampling and multiple articulations.

You can download the ns_kit7free that is a light version but a complete kit you can use for free.
    The commercial version is the same with more samples/articulations, this is why naturalstudio sale it, because of the size I think.
    I used it once in a project and it sound really good, not to compare to DFH1&2, but it can be a good addition to other kits for a different timbre and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by AbhorrencE
    You can download the ns_kit7free that is a light version but a complete kit you can use for free.
    The commercial version is the same with more samples/articulations, this is why naturalstudio sale it, because of the size I think.
    I used it once in a project and it sound really good, not to compare to DFH1&2, but it can be a good addition to other kits for a different timbre and sound.
    Its too bad. I think there is still a market for a kit comparable to DKFH 2. I do not need multiple kits, but one really good (with 5 toms, Angus ) kit with ambience and overhead miccing.

DKFH 2 serves the purpose (and they have fixed some major bugs), but there are still imperfections with it (e.g., it needs better intermediate open/close hi hat groupings), some crashes that are too low in level, etc.

Well, what can you do. . . .

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Larry Seyer's kit is more than comparable to anything I've heard. That's one to consider, for sure, if you're a GigaStudio user. I have had nothing but compliments on anything I've ever done with it, and it is a complete pleasure to work with.

Larry Seyers kit-transfer to Kontakt

Hey Bruce- have you any experience with LSayers drums porting over to Kontakt2? I think this kit is fantastic bit I'm Mac based. Any thoughts?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Larry Seyers kit-transfer to Kontakt

Quote Originally Posted by artsoundz
    Hey Bruce- have you any experience with LSayers drums porting over to Kontakt2? I think this kit is fantastic bit I'm Mac based. Any thoughts?
    Shoot an e-mail to Garth at Chicken Systems, and see what he says about it.

I doubt Larry is going to do a port, since he's indicated as much. It would be a pile of work for him, since it would have to be commercially slick all around. That's not to say that someone couldn't do it themselves, and just take their time, converting what they need as they need it.

The only potential downside might be the GigaPulse implementation. The convolver in Kontakt is not architecturally comparable to GigaPulse, so some of the imaging aspects might not translate as accurately as one might wish.

But Garth's definitely the man to ask. If he does not have any experience with the Seyer kit, perhaps I can help you get them hooked up with each other. I doubt Larry has any philosophical aversion to someone buying his library and converting it. He's a pretty laid-back cat.

Thanks, Bruce! I'm thinkin maybe it's time to get a pc and do Gigasampler.I'm 2 g-5s g4 and all that so I'm actually pretty covered on most things but that Kit is something. This is OT but are there any other libraries that you feel would justify a pc/giga purchase? Thanks again for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    Its too bad. I think there is still a market for a kit comparable to DKFH 2. I do not need multiple kits, but one really good (with 5 toms, Angus ) kit with ambience and overhead micing.
    While this kit does not give you control over the level of overhead and room mics, those mics were used in the recording. They are pre-blended into all the samples - the samples are not simply direct mic samples.

The developer offers different presets (rock, funk, bop etc) with different blends of direct/amb/ovh. The set is incredibly good value but currently the full set of factory presets only works with Halion 3. Kontakt 2 support is coming apparently.

Go Back to forum