• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving Notation Intrument folders

Share/Bookmark

Moving Notation Intrument folders

In Kontakt Player the instruments under LOAD: 9. Notation are the best sounding in Finale 2006. The inconvenience is navigating though the nested folders.

Is there any reason not to replace the regular instrument folders 1 - 8 with the instrument folders from the 9. Notation folder?

Thanks
    Jim

GPO, Finale 2006, Powermac Dual G4, 2 Gig ram, OS 10.4.1

Re: Moving Notation Intrument folders

Quote Originally Posted by jimmol
    In Kontakt Player the instruments under LOAD: 9. Notation are the best sounding in Finale 2006.
    I'm confused! Presumably they're the same samples. Is Kontakt, F2006 and / or Human Playback treating them differently and if so, can anyone enlighten me please? There seems to be so many variables at the moment with this GPO / Finale integration, my head's in a spin!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch
    I'm confused! Presumably they're the same samples.
    In another thread http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37195 Senior member Nickie Fønshauge replied
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    "9. Notation" is designed for Finale 06, so I'd say yes, you are supposed to use it.
    Is Kontakt, F2006 and / or Human Playback treating them differently and if so, can anyone enlighten me please?
    Here is what I encountered: using the standard instrument, folders which appear in the dropdown when you click LOAD in Kontakt player, the piano sounded fine, but the organ was extremely weak, infact all the organs were weak. When I used the Organ from the notation file they sounded as they did in finale 2005.

There seems to be so many variables at the moment with this GPO / Finale integration, my head's in a spin!
    Just make sure you grab it before it falls off :=)

Hope this clears this up.
    Jim

Thanks Jim. I'm beginning to sort this out. I think jumping backwards and forwards from F05 to F06 trying to migrate my files across is contributing to some of the problems and I might be better off starting a piece in F06 from scratch. It's also possible some of my earlier files have got messed up too and this isn't helping.

Thanks Jim. I'm beginning to sort this out. I think jumping backwards and forwards from F05 to F06 trying to migrate my files across is contributing to some of the problems and I might be better off starting a piece in F06 from scratch. It's also possible some of my earlier files have got messed up too and this isn't helping.
    I just pulled one song to see how 2006 works. All went well once I found the notation folder. The only problem I had is with the beat line at the top of the score. My Score had an alternate melody but the beat line alined with the original melody so some of the alternate melody's notes do not play for a full count because it crosses the beat in the wrong place, but that will be a future post.
    Jim

I'm confused! Presumably they're the same samples. Is Kontakt, F2006 and / or Human Playback treating them differently and if so, can anyone enlighten me please?
    The samples are the same, but the Kontakt Player treats them differently because they have been programmed differently.

The (old) Dry folder has Sustain=CC#64=Legato, whereas the (new) Notation folder has Sustain=CC#68 ≠ CC#64=Legato. Plus the Dry instruments have individual KeySwitches (in the full octave below the instruments range), whereas the Notation instruments have unified KeySwitches (beginning at MIDI note 0). Those are the main differences.

Go Back to forum