• Register
  • Help

Topic: QUICKSOUND DATABASE PROBLEM

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation QUICKSOUND DATABASE PROBLEM

I installed e few new samples and after refreshing / rebuilding the Quick Sound database I get two grey Hard Drives with nothing on them (no + sign). I also got the message: QS database corrupted. Rebuild entire QS database.
    Rubuilding it did not give me any results. I also did a reinstall of the GS 3.1 without any results.

Anyone with suggestions / same problem ?

Re: QUICKSOUND DATABASE PROBLEM

Make sure Windows is seeing the drives. Go to the device manager and see if they have yellow question marks. If they are external drives try unplugging them and then back in.

Very basic info but that's where I would start because the program won't see an unmounted drive.

Dave Connor

You are not alone, a search of the forum with your title as keywords will give you lots of reading. This is a major pain in the backside bug that hasn't had any solution yet. Doesn't happen to everyone of course... but it's happened to me twice. Just out of curiosity: did you download these new samples? did you download them on a Mac and then transfer them to your PC to unzip? I've no idea as to your config.

I found an XP re-install was the only fix. Note the "Just got this from Tascam support" thread a couple of threads down which starts with some useful info from RPM who had exactly this problem. Only the first post is of any use to your particular issue, as it then descends into Kontakt2 vs GS3 rants which aren't any help if you have this specific problem to fix.

Good luck. Run the giga diagnostics any time it asks and save them for future reference in case there are any clues within.

Andrew

Had the same problem here, i solved the problem by isolating all the .wav folders containing samples which where on my same GS sample library disk.

When Quicksound is trying to update your system, stop the search and go to advanced there is an option where it says only exclude the following folders.
    Add all of your folders containing wav data and run Quicksound again.
    Also make sure you let Quicksound search only the harddisk which contains your gig's.

Hope that helps.

i am allways only including one folder per drive which i call "gigs" i deactivate .wav and dissable the automatic quicksound option.
    when the database gets coupted go to yout gigastudio programmfolder and delte the database.
    i am not sure if this helps but there is nothing more yyou could do.

or you could do it the brasilian way and move to kontakt.

just kidding...
    Digital AudionetworX

Quote Originally Posted by Digital AudionetworX
    i am allways only including one folder per drive which i call "gigs" i deactivate .wav and dissable the automatic quicksound option.
    when the database gets coupted go to yout gigastudio programmfolder and delte the database.
    i am not sure if this helps but there is nothing more yyou could do.

or you could do it the brasilian way and move to kontakt.

just kidding...
    Germans are not known for their sence of humour, but taking that into consideration you have some sence of

Hey all, I started a similar thread about this same problem. All I have to say about this is if TASCAM is checking in on this site ...THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM!!!! PLEASE TAKE NOTE IN YOUR NEXT UPDATE!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! THIS BASICALLY RENDERS YOUR PROGRAM ALMOST USELESS!!!

Also, anyone having this problem please email TASCAM tech support. They always seem to be clueless when I contact them about it...maybe we can start a grass roots effort to get this as a priority!

Also, good to know that I'm not the only one.

Thanks,
    Rob Pottorf
    www.rpmusic.com

<rant>

Tascam tech support seems clueless about any bug, no matter how common or how often it is posted here or in other forums. Forums linked to from Tascam's site, I might add. Actually the fact that Tascam has no giga forum of its own is pretty telling, no?

Not to badmouth hardworking tech support reps slaving away in their headsets. Hey, I married a former tech support rep! I can relate! But MY tech support rep was instructed by his company to follow the boards (run BY that company), to keep current on bug reports, etc...

</rant>

GS3.1 Orchestra UPDATE PROBLEM

Hi, I am a new user. Currently running GIGA Studio 3 Orchestra with a 3.1 update. I have the VSL First Edition Cube with the Performance Instruments and the Performance Tool that runs it.

Problem: When I updated to 3.1 and rebuilt the Quicksound Library, when I try to use any of the Performance Instruments through the Performance Tool (Running Cubase SX3 VST),, it will not allow the performance instrument to be played?

ANY HELP WITH THIS WILL BE GREAT.

Thanks
    Benjamin Warren

Go Back to forum