• Register
  • Help

Topic: SONIC REALITY SONIK CAPSULES: ELECTRIC GUITARS

Share/Bookmark

Post SONIC REALITY SONIK CAPSULES: ELECTRIC GUITARS

Any comments on SONIC REALITY SONIK CAPSULES: ELECTRIC GUITARS.

How good (or bad) are they? Are they clean or distorted? I found their site here: http://www.sonicreality.com/viewDet...p?ProductID=130 , but nothing is mentioned.

Any hints?

How do they compare to QL Strat? Or SONIC IMPLANTS AMPS & PICKUPS vol. 1 & 2? Thanks.

P.S.: Sorry for starting a new thread on this.

Re: SONIC REALITY SONIK CAPSULES: ELECTRIC GUITARS

Stanley,

Sounds like you're ready to spend some serious dough on sample libraries, lately you've been asking up a storm about everything from guitars to drums and everything in between.

Here is the reality, sample libraries tend to work differently for different people, hence the feedback that you are bound to get is subjective and biased at best. The best tool that you have at your disposal for evaluating how good a sample library is are your ears. I advise you to listen critically to as many demos as you can, and try to determine if that particular sound fits your needs (and your budget).

As you have seen, when you ask which library is best at this or that, you get several different answers praising just about every product out there which is not helpful. There is no best library or worst, just what works for one person or another.

When it comes to distorted guitar libraries, to be quite honest I am not satisfied with any of them and I have not heard a demo which has completely sold me either. Some developers have gotten close but this really depends on what you need out of the library....

...which brings me to an important point about how you formulate your questions. You should definitely tell us what you're trying to accomplish with your music in as much detail as possible (ie. I'm after that Linkin Park sound, or I need drums that would make Lars from Metallica blush, etc).
    The more info you can give us on what sound you're after, the more useful answers you're bound to get.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    When it comes to distorted guitar libraries, to be quite honest I am not satisfied with any of them and I have not heard a demo which has completely sold me either. Some developers have gotten close but this really depends on what you need out of the library....
    I think the latest distorted guitar libs have a unique sound that's a bit different than a real guitarist/guitar/effects/amp. The first fast note sounds right, but the following notes come a bit too easily and regularly to sound like a live player.

While that kind of thing is a drawback when trying to sound like a real clarinet or flute, it's kind of cool with e-guitar. It's like yet another layer of effects.

I'm impressed with the latest e-guitar libs. As long as I don't overly compare them to live chops, the sound and the range that they can accomplish is amazing.

-JF

Smile Re: SONIC REALITY SONIK CAPSULES: ELECTRIC GUITARS

Well, I am trying to make a sample library comprising of a decent piano, drums and guitar for making a decent sounding track with just my computer and keyboard. I also wanted a saxophone library to substitute for the vocals that I might record later.

Type of music? I don't know. I am not sure how you classify indian film music (in india, we have like 6 songs in a movie). Its kind of an assorted sound mix.

I have decided on the following (best my budget can allow):
    Hypersonic
    The Grand 1
    Real Guitar
    Dan Dean GigaBass
    EastWest Drumkit from Hell 2
    Garritan Personal Orchestra
    Vienna Saxophone I
    Harmonica Essentials
    Spectrasonics Atmosphere

And 1 clean electric guitar library and Guitar Rig.

So, does anyone know if SONIC REALITY SONIK CAPSULES: ELECTRIC GUITARS is clean or distorted? Thanks.

Nice set up. If you are looking to get those you might want to check out these too since you seem to be interested in Sonic Reality. That's my company so I can tell you anything from the horse's mouth you want to know. Of course I can't offer an objective user's opinion but we have a company forum on www.kvraudio.com that you may want ask that question in.

In your list I recommend that you also consider:

Sonik Synth 2 (you may like better than Hypersonic perhaps)
    AmpliTube 2 (compared to Guitar Rig perhaps which is coming soon)
    Miroslav Philharmonik (for orchestral needs)

and as I mentioned in another thread (deja vu? ) Studiophonik when it is out. The concept of it is to be dedicated to a full band of direct acoustic and electric instruments- guitar, bass, drums, piano, organ and a full horn section with a focus on more brands of instruments (and performance articulations) as opposed to "everything under the sun" like say Sonik Synth 2 (which is more like a Motif).

Good luck!
    Dave from Sonic Reality
    sonicreality.com
    esoundz.com

Disclaimer: I work with a lot of companies in the MI industry. In case you want to know potential biases just ask. SR makes samples for nearly every sample format. eSoundz is an on-line retail outlet for sounds.

Go Back to forum