• Register
  • Help

Topic: First little step into the game industry. Any comments?

Share/Bookmark

First little step into the game industry. Any comments?

Yah, I know I'm almost completely copying Rich Douglas' post. But you guys had such good comments and I haven't really been ripped into professionally yet. So I thought I'd give this a shot.

I did a soundtrack for the mod 'Point of Existence' Publicity was so-so. But 'ey, at least it was a little step in the door.

The music is basically for the loading screen and is there to try and set the mood of the combat scenario within a minute. All composed using Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra.

Any comments are deeply appreciated.

Heart of Russia
    And something of a different flavor..
    Arab Excursion

Re: First little step into the game industry. Any comments?

Sounds great man.. keep doing music of that quality and you'll have no problem breaking into the biz. Scoring mods is one heck of a good way to get noticed, it's how I landed 1 or 2 of my current clients. By the way, did I hear a nod to Journey to the Line in the adagio segment? One of my favorite pieces of music done by Zimmer.

Rich
    Rich Douglas
    Composer / Sound Designer for Interactive Media
    http://www.richdouglas.com

ahaha. yes it is. i did it completely by chance. it was like accidental theme stealing. i wrote the repeated string pizzicato thinking "hey, that actually fits". then finished it and suddenly realized "wait! crap. i've heard that before."

yah, i'm a pretty big fan of Zimmer too. i love his stuff from Gladiator. Danny Elfman is up there in my list too. hey, you notice how they've been using tons of gigastudio lately?

Yeah, as I'm sure most everyone knows by now, I'm quite the zimmer nut myself lol. I hate it when that happens, you've got a really good theme or motif.. then several days later .. you remember where you first heard it lol. Yeah, really cool theyve been sticking with giga lately!

Rich
    Rich Douglas
    Composer / Sound Designer for Interactive Media
    http://www.richdouglas.com

Go Back to forum