• Register
  • Help

Topic: Native Indian / First Nations sound library

Share/Bookmark

Native Indian / First Nations sound library

Im looking for a sound library of North American Indian music and instruments. Preferably Canadian. Either actual music and or instruments and or a library of recordings. Anything will help. thank you
    Mitch

Re: Native Indian / First Nations sound library

I could use something like this as well!

Go to Q Up Arts and search for Voices of Native America - they have 2 volumes in multiple formats and this might be what you are looking for - HTH

Q Up Arts sounds like the place to go.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

I have it. Its good...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    If your intention is to do something that needs to be "legitimate," proceed with caution. There's quite a diversity to Native American cultures, and you just can't hack things from all over the map together. There are people who know this music, and it could cause you embarrassment. If you're doing something that needs to be correct, seek out and hire some authentic regional performers.

Lee Blaske
    good point, Lee. There are plenty of performers who would play or at least advise.

BTW, Bigga Giggas also have a flute CD for Giga/halion

Nigel

Lee is correct. Be careful. I feel guilty when I use them in the context of emulating a native sound, as if I am disturbing a great spiritual being...or destroying a culture. Drums have spirits...so be warned.

I agree with you guys. Im really looking for some music/sounds to supplement some of the recordings i already have. The recordings I have been given are not very good and i either need to ditch them or supplement them. For this episode the budget is low however next episode I plan on recording some new talent.
    As i am not too familiar with this style of music I'm trying to get up to speed on the instruments and vibe. Any help with the types and names of the instruments would help alot. The types of drums flutes etc. thanks.

Mitch

I just received a call from the National Northern Canadian Congress of Native American Social Club. They said, they would put a spiritual curse on anyone who uses these sample libraries out of the context of the rituals that they were intended...so be careful...especially with your drum and flute choices

Go Back to forum