• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Adagio for Strings Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Smile Adagio for Strings Orchestra

Hello folks,
    this is my GPO Adagio for Strings Orchestra (B minor).
    It is a little piece because I have got the ispiration only yesterday.
    So who's know, maybe I will further develop it during the next time.
    Unfortunately it is not a great piece, but I hope this could enjoy you all.

My best to you all,
    Roberto

Adagio for Strings

Re: Adagio for Strings Orchestra

Bravo, Rob! This is beautiful. You are the master of sustained, lush, lovely chords. It's also very realistic. In my mind I could see a big string orchestra with the bows slowly going up and down.

Excellent work!

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Gasp! Leaves me wanting more...

Nice string texture you acheived. Suspensions are wonderful.

I'm curious.... was this done with ensemble building... how many players? Lush strings used at all? I think the definition is perfect. I could almost hear some individual parts come out which I think is ideal.

This would serve as great material for the slow movement of a symphony... or as backdrop to a heart-wrenching dramatic scene in a movie. Your inspiration is contagious.

Schroeder
    "You know, Lois, I'm really not comfortable talking about this amelodically." - Brian the Dog

Sounds like you've been inspired by a certain other piece of the same name!

This is very beautiful. Your harmonies are lush and slide smoothly from one to the next. The way you ended on a major chord really hits the spot for me. I only wish it were twice as long. Well done!

Chris

Wow, this is just fantastic writing. As Larry G. Alexander mentioned, it's very realistic! It's a great demo of what GPO strings can do. I truly hope you develop this further. The orchestration you've acheived is absolutely brilliant. Wonderful work! I could listen all night . . . (maybe I will )
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Wow, Roberto! It's gorgeous. I thought I heard a choir of angels. Seriously, the strings sound magnificent.

Ciao!

LouisD

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Hello folks,
    this is my GPO Adagio for String Orchestra (B minor).
    It is a little piece because I have got the ispiration only yesterday.
    So who's know, maybe I will further develop it during the next time.
    Unfortunately it is not a great piece, but I hope this could enjoy you all.

My best to you all,
    Roberto

Adagio for Strings
    Roberto,

As you can imagine, I like this very much. A great sense of slow unfolding. I hope you develop this - it'
    It's a beautiful idea and texture - go at it, and see it through; we'll all be quite happy to hear the finished work.

All the best,

R. Pearl

Congratulations Roberto on another work of great Beauty.I agree with rpearl this piece could be longer,perhaps a contrasting episode followed by a restatment of the wonderful opening theme.
    I love your music because you always make a gift of beauty.
    regards

Roberto:

Tremendous string playing in GPO and a lovely melody to go with it. You have the string sound that everybody would like to have at their fingertips. Believe us, this is beautifully done and a great piece to listen to.

As others have stated, I would like to see this theme developed, a contrasting section and then a return to the main theme.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of music and GPO artistry.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Beach,

Of tons of demos I have heard everywhere, despite it's simplicity (patches) this is tremendous work...Beautiful...makes a tear fall out of your eye...Lush strings! Can't beat that!!!

Excellent!

Pablo

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast