• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Drumkit from Hell 2 anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Cool Drumkit from Hell 2 anyone?

Has anyone used EastWest Drumkit from Hell 2? How does it compare with Larry Seyer Drums?

Thanks.

Re: Drumkit from Hell 2 anyone?

Hello Stanley,

I see you are a new member around here. Lots has been written on both subjects that you're asking about (drums and guitar).

Please do a quick search and you'll discover way more information on what you need to know than you'll have time to sort through.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I haven't used the Larry Seyer drums but I think it would be more fair to compare it to Drumkit From Hell Superior. DFH2 is just a small subset of the DFHS library (1 of the 5 kits) using the Kompakt engine instead of the custom Toontrack engine. There is also Custom & Vintage from the same developer. You can check them both out at www.toontrack.com .

/Yoss

It's hardly a fair comparison. The $100 DFH2 is only a quarter of the price of Larry Sayer's drums which are meant to be the bees knees. DFH2 followed on from DFH which were rated as the best drums available only two years ago! I suspect they're both great value for money.

Frank

Lightbulb Re: Drumkit from Hell 2 anyone?

Thanks a ton.

I just read a lot of posts on these topics, but still the last 2 posts were good info. Thanks for that.

(and, yeah, sorry for not searching first )

Don't know about Larry Sayer but, DFH1 & 2 were recorded with Tomas Haake (Meshuggah) and DFHS with Tomas Haake (Meshuggah) & Morgan Ågren (Mats&Morgan, Frank Zappa, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects).
    Sure, their names probably mean nothing for most but they are fantastic drummers.. Then for around 100$ and 300$, it's worth to own!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    It's hardly a fair comparison. The $100 DFH2 is only a quarter of the price of Larry Sayer's drums which are meant to be the bees knees. DFH2 followed on from DFH which were rated as the best drums available only two years ago! I suspect they're both great value for money.

Frank

Word!..

And just two words more:

Custom...

and...

Vintage!!!

My searches for ultimate drums are over

Cheers,

ck

Quote Originally Posted by c.k
    Word!..

And just two words more:

Custom...

and...

Vintage!!!

My searches for ultimate drums are over

Cheers,

ck
    Thanks ck. I think you are suggesting DFH Superior Custom and Vintage? Now, those are actually slightly more expensive than the acclaimed (on this forum) Larry Sayer Drums.

I wouldn't know a) which was best or b) which was the best value.....I have no experience of either

regards

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Thanks ck. I think you are suggesting DFH Superior Custom and Vintage? Now, those are actually slightly more expensive than the acclaimed (on this forum) Larry Sayer Drums.
    Where did you get your prices? I just checked Sweetwater and they have Larry Seyer for $400 and Custom & Vintage for $270. Larry Seyer is GS 3 only, while C & V comes with its own player.

/Yoss

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbhorrencE
    Don't know about Larry Sayer but, DFH1 & 2 were recorded with Tomas Haake (Meshuggah) and DFHS with Tomas Haake (Meshuggah) & Morgan Ågren (Mats&Morgan, Frank Zappa, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects).
    Sure, their names probably mean nothing for most but they are fantastic drummers.. Then for around 100$ and 300$, it's worth to own!!
    The person doing the hits on Larry's kit is Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson. It is Pat's kit...so it is a drumset that has proven its mettle from studio to arenas. You don't have to worry about it working. It works.

I guarantee you if you speak to anyone who has the Seyer collection, they will tell you exactly the same thing I'm about to say: The value is without question high for the price point. It's a use-it-to-believe-it kind of thing.

The strike-position detail of the snare and toms, the dynamic virtual overheads via GigaPulse, the extreme detail in the cymbals and hats...these are aspects of the kit which may not be fully appreciated until experienced. I have found that the imaging of this library is so outstanding that it literally makes the mix...it provides the sense of room that an entire mix can be built upon.

At any rate, I wanted to put those ideas into the discussion, because it is very easy for these less-than-obvious aspects to slip by unnoticed in judging value.

Go Back to forum