• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How do you access Ambience Reverb in Finale 2006?

Share/Bookmark

How do you access Ambience Reverb in Finale 2006?

I just received Finale 2006 yesterday evening. After I downloaded the new NI update and installed it (I own the full version of GPO which I run through Cubase), I installed Finale 2006. I then installed the NI update once more according to a post I read on this forum regarding running the full version of GPO through Finale 2006. I’m pretty sure the installation took because I was able to access the full version of GPO through Finale 2006 (E flat clarinet, etc.). But on the “Native Instruments VST Set-up window” (under the MIDI pulldown) in Finale the box to check to access the Garritan “Ambience Reverb” is greyed out. I even installed the NI update a third time just to be sure everything took, but the Ambience Reverb box in that setup window was still greyed out. I checked the manuals that came in Finale 2006, but they did not tell me how to access the Ambience Reverb other than simply checking its box (which I can’t do since its box is greyed out). Do I have to install the Ambience Reverb onto Finale through the discs that came with my full version of GPO some sort of way and if so, how? My system is windows (XP). Please help.

Thanks,
    Frodo
    Last edited by Frodo; 01-12-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: internet privacy concern

Re: How do you access Ambience Reverb in Finale 2006?

Jarrod,

I'm on a Mac, so things are slightly different. There is a problem with the Maestro default file in 2006 not seeing the most recent version of Ambience. I might be wrong but I think using the Maestro default file (from the components file) from Finale 2005 and placing it into the components file in 2006 fixes it.

Also there are problems with some of the expressions included with the 2006 default file. The text expressions which affect keyswitches (pizz., arco, etc...) have an incorrect playback definition defined for them. If you're using human playback with 2006, and you want to use an expression to change keyswitches, delete the playback parameter defined for that expression. Human playback will produce the correct keyswitch passed on the text expression alone.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I don't have Finale 2005. I upgraded to Finale 2006 from Finale 2003. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo
    Jeff, thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I don't have Finale 2005. I upgraded to Finale 2006 from Finale 2003. Any suggestions?
    I know that MM is aware of this and working on a solution. If you have the original version 1.0 of Ambience that is on GPO disk 4, try using that instead of version 1.05.

Also, since that save to audio isn't working yet in the Finale/GPO combination, you can still use GPO Studio with Finale 2006. You can have all of the same human playback improvements. Just instead of selecting "play thru Native instruments" option in Finale, just select GPO Studio as one of your midi outs in Finale's midi setup. Ambience should work fine there. This is what I'm using until things get worked out.

JT

[QUOTE=Jeff Turner]I know that MM is aware of this and working on a solution. If you have the original version 1.0 of Ambience that is on GPO disk 4, try using that instead of version 1.05.

Jeff, I'm still kind of new at this...what procedure should I take to install the original version and where exactly should I install it?

There is an update to the default file on FinaleMusic.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    There is an update to the default file on FinaleMusic.com.
    Nickie, I went to that webpage, but the only update I see for Finale 2006 is a multi-measure rest update. Did I overlook something?

My problem with not being able to access Ambience Reberb in Finale has been remedied! Last night when I got home I thought I would try to copy the Ambience Reverb from disc 4 of my full GPO into Finale 2006 as Jeff had suggested. After some experimentation I finally decided to try putting it in the "Finale VST" folder (same folder the PersonalOrchestra.dll was in) and it worked! That little box for Ambience Reberb on the setup window in Finale 2006 is no longer greyed out and I can now check it to access Ambience. I have to admit I greatly miss not being able to access the preset settings for the different rooms in Ambience ("Recital Hall," "Piano hall," etc.), but I understand this is being worked on and will hopefully be available through a future upgrade. Thanks to everyone for all your help and to Gary for a great product and for the opportunity to be a part of last years GPO competition. It was an honor to be among the top 20.

Jarrod

The Finale 2006 default file update was supposed to fix the Ambience problem, but it didn't (much to my chagrin).

Again, your best bet is to import the default file that came with Finale 2005 (if you have it). Otherwise, reverting to Ambience 1.0 works too.

If Gary permits, I may create and submit my own version of the Finale 2006 default files, which will work with Ambience 1.0.5.

Just download it from the web site and stick it in the vst folder. Seems to work?

Go Back to forum