• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: what are some of the best drum samples

Share/Bookmark

what are some of the best drum samples

I just ordered a m audio trigger finger and Im going to start making an attempt at programing drums and Ive wondered what some of you are using and like. I do mostly country and southern gospel. Ive read a lot of good things about the Larry Seyer drums on here but wonder if something I could use as a VST instrument may be better for live programing, any advice will be helpfull, thanks

Jeff

Re: what are some of the best drum samples

I've only used the demos with GS3 but the Larry Seyer drums do sound absolutely incredible and feel very natural to play on the keyboard.

I like BFD a lot.

DFHS and Custom&Vintage from www.toontrack.com are also worth a look.

/Yoss

I do a lot of country and SG as well. As far as I'm concerned, nothing comes close to Larry Seyer. This library works exceptionally well for country and SG.

I'll second the props for Custom & Vintage. It helps to be willing & able to do the full mixing job (because you can get up to 11-track output from all mikes with bleed), but if you are, oh WOW what a sound. Comes with its own player, so can be standalone or plugin.

IMO Drumkit from Hell Superior is Excellent. Custom and vintage add on looks cool but I don't have it.

I've not played with BFD, but my impressio is the samples are really BIG. For more utility purposes some of the othe libraries I think are better, but BFD is fantastic for what it does.

Don't forget Scarbee's Imperial Drums. Fantastic samples IMO.

J-

Hey,

I'm sure I'll be seen as biased , but check out BFD at out site but also highly recommended are scarbee imperial drums and DKFH superior and it's other packs. These packs can also be imported into BFD so they can all work together. There's demos on all the sites so check them out so let your ears be the judge.

What has been said , is that where DFKH superior does excel is in the metal arena and Scarbee in that it is one kit ( DW , IMO you can't go wrong with a DW hehe ) but very high quality and highly multisampled . There was also a demo of BFD on a new enough CM magazine if you want to check it out. The aim when making BFD was to be as flexible as possible so they can be sculpted to what you want. All that said, they all combine great together, can't have too many drumsamples IMO . Any questions about BFD just post back .

My 2 Cent
    Johnny - FXpansion Audio
    www.fxpansion.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I have yet to hear or feel anything remotely in the ballpark of the Larry Seyer kit. It is really extraordinary, one of those cases where someone just comes along and knocks the ball out of the park. For your stated genre, it should be pretty dead on. I'm not sure what you're asking about programmability as it relates to VSTi, "live" programming, etc. You might want to elaborate on that a bit, if it is a factor which is affecting your decisionmaking process.

Post Re: what are some of the best drum samples

There are the Reason Drum Kits Library which I kinda like...

Go Back to forum