• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Titan Line Music - more film fests...

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Titan Line Music - more film fests...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I saw that Brian posted in this forum, so I figured I do the polite thing and post it here too instead of clogging up the other forums with OT posts...

Two films that I worked on are playing in the Los Angeles area in mid-September. "Sharkskin 6" is a finalist in one of the film categories at the Shriekfest Film Festival, and Deserted has been accepted to the L.A. Short Film Fest. Also, for those of you in the Tahoe-Reno area, Deserted will receive five screenings at their fest at the end of this month - more than any other short film that is showing there this year. If you're at any of these screenings, be sure to catch me in the lobby and say hello.

Cheers,
    H3
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Titan Line Music - more film fests...

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    I saw that Brian posted in this forum, so I figured I do the polite thing and post it here too instead of clogging up the other forums with OT posts...

Two films that I worked on are playing in the Los Angeles area in mid-September. "Sharkskin 6" is a finalist in one of the film categories at the Shriekfest Film Festival, and Deserted has been accepted to the L.A. Short Film Fest. Also, for those of you in the Tahoe-Reno area, Deserted will receive five screenings at their fest at the end of this month - more than any other short film that is showing there this year. If you're at any of these screenings, be sure to catch me in the lobby and say hello.

Cheers,
    H3
    Houston...do you know when Deserted will screen at the LA Shorts fest? We just heard back today when our screening time was. So I am sure everyone else got that email too. I will be there obviously...so I would love to see it.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Thumbs up Re: Titan Line Music - more film fests...

H3,

This is wonderful news. My best to you!
    FB
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes

Cheers,
    H3
    Hey Houston - Congratulations! I'm in CT , a bit of a trek from here to view the showings, but I send you heartfelt kudos.

Hey everyone - thanks much for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Houston...do you know when Deserted will screen at the LA Shorts fest? We just heard back today when our screening time was. So I am sure everyone else got that email too. I will be there obviously...so I would love to see it.
    David Karlsberg, the director of "Deserted", just got back from a trip to Africa - so his email was a bit terse. I'm sure that once he gets through everything he'll send out the start times for the showings at both T-RIFF and the LA Short Film Fest. As soon as I know, I'll post it here and on my site.

I'm hoping to get a chance to see your film, too. I know in my case it's really exciting to take all of this online pontification and put it to use "on the street" - I'm sure you're doubly-glad in your case, multiple roles and the development time invested. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" and all that...

I just another note that "Passing Darkness" has been accepted to the California Independent Film Festival. Although I'm not the composer on this film, I'm doing the sound design as well as stereo and surround mixes for it. The fest is in northern California and runs in the last weekend of October.

Hey - FYI - Temecula Valley International Film Festival just added Passing Darkness to its list of short films. So, I guess I must go and play in a poker tournament while I'm there (Pachanga).

Cool Re: Titan Line Music - more film fests...

Just FYI - one of the other films I've scored and mixed - Spaghetti vs. Noodle, has been accepted to the L.A. Short Film Fest.

Program # 70
    LA International Short Film Festival

Sunday, Sep 11th, 5:30pm
    Theatre 12
    ArcLight Cinemas
    6360 W Sunset blvd.

This makes two films of mine in one festival... that's pretty cool - and completely unexpected.

Hey gang - just FYI - "Passing Darkness" (I mixed and created the sound design) is screening tonight at Shockerfest, in Modesto CA. I just got the word from the director late this week.

I was just informed that "Sharkskin 6" won an award for best score in a feature film at Shriekfest here in Los Angeles. Kudos to the primary composer Deane Ogden and all of the players that made the score happen.

Also, kudos to Gary Garritan, SCARBEE, Sven Bornemark, the developers of HALion and the rest of the virtual instrument developers that gave me such an incredible set of tools to work with. I did a half-dozen cues for the film, and they didn't replace any parts with live players, including an orchestral cue in the third act. It matched very well with Deane's cues (which were recorded live with a 50+ piece orchestra here in L.A.), and went right into the mix. I literally couldn't have done it without these guys - thanks!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast