• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: DP for PC?

Share/Bookmark

DP for PC?

Anybody using Digital Performer on PC? Does there even exist one for the PC? If so, how does it compare to Cubase/Sonar?

Re: DP for PC?

Well, that's that I guess!

I wish so much that MOTU could make a reliable PC DP for the friends and aquaintences of mine that say,,,,, but I don't have a Mac, I'm a PC guy.

Who knows maybe someday huh?
    Dan

Hmm... probably not any day I would think, if it hasn't happened yet.

BUT it's an awesome, solid program on the Mac! Makes it worth buying a Mac for in fact :-). Yah, I know, there are Mac people and PC people but hey, I had to buy a PC for Giga! And that's an awesome but NOT solid program.

-Alison

Quote Originally Posted by tcovem
    Hmm... probably not any day I would think, if it hasn't happened yet.

BUT it's an awesome, solid program on the Mac! Makes it worth buying a Mac for in fact :-). Yah, I know, there are Mac people and PC people but hey, I had to buy a PC for Giga! And that's an awesome but NOT solid program.

-Alison
    My advice to people who ask me has always been "find out which software you want to run and buy the machine that runs it best." I still think its good advice.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    My advice to people who ask me has always been "find out which software you want to run and buy the machine that runs it best." I still think its good advice.
    That is excellent advice unfortunately, how would one go about demoing any of the popular DAW's?

A recommendation from friends, and seeing how awesome a program works, is how I guess most programs are purchsed.
    That is great advice though.
    DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    That is excellent advice unfortunately, how would one go about demoing any of the popular DAW's?

A recommendation from friends, and seeing how awesome a program works, is how I guess most programs are purchsed.
    That is great advice though.
    DPDan
    DPDan, I don't know where you live but in most cities you will find users of Logic, DP, Cubase, PT, etc. who would LOVE to show you why their sequencer of choice is the best. Or even a Guitar Center probably has them all.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    DPDan, I don't know where you live but in most cities you will find users of Logic, DP, Cubase, PT, etc. who would LOVE to show you why their sequencer of choice is the best. Or even a Guitar Center probably has them all.
    I demoed (is that how you spell it? ) Logic at both Guitar Center and my local Apple Store before buying my G5. I actually recently was thinking about possibly switching to DP, but seeing as how they had no demo available combined with the fact that I've recently learned how to use Logic much better means no switch for me.
    Tim

Tim,

Most people switch from DP to Logic and not the other way around. Sounds to me like you made the right choice the first time!

BTW....do I smell a Mac vs. PC thread coming?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Go Back to forum