• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Best Orchestral VSTi

Share/Bookmark

Best Orchestral VSTi

Im gonig to be buying an orchestral VSTi but which is the best?

Garritan Personal Orchestra?
    Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings?
    or what?

I want it to sound like real strings and brass and stuff(doesnt everyone).

Re: Best Orchestral VSTi

You realize you've just waved a red cape in front of a bull!

Best? That would be a highly opinionated subject, especially around here. But, there are definitely some good ones to look at. I've recently been a co-creator of this one that is shipping end of next week:

http://www.esoundz.com/details/viewD...?ProductID=598

Miroslav Philharmonik. It used to be a $4,000 orchestral and choir library but now it is a virtual instrument plug-in with 3 times the amount of material as before but at 10 times lower price.

GPO is also a fantastic deal from my friend Gary who I am sure you've seen around here as well. The Sonic Implants strings are excellent and I wish I had them myself. You almost can't go wrong with any of them these days. Each product has something unique and special about it I think.

Good luck!
    Dave from Sonic Reality
    sonicreality.com
    esoundz.com

Disclaimer: I work with a lot of companies in the MI industry. In case you want to know potential biases just ask. SR makes samples for nearly every sample format. eSoundz is an on-line retail outlet for sounds.

one question occurs.Is your budget $250 or a $bajillion gajillion.That might help narrow it down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    lol! That's an awesome way to put it. I was surprised there weren't a stampede of responses already. I guess maybe there will be. The "who is best?" debate.
    Dave from Sonic Reality
    sonicreality.com
    esoundz.com

Disclaimer: I work with a lot of companies in the MI industry. In case you want to know potential biases just ask. SR makes samples for nearly every sample format. eSoundz is an on-line retail outlet for sounds.

Just a point of clarification, Sonic Implants orchestra is not a VSTi, its a sample library. A slight, and not so slight difference depending on what you like to tweak, or have control over and also for compatibility issues.

The SI orchestra, just as VSL, Dan Deans and Kirk Hunters, are avilable for GigaStudio (and other open formats) while VSTi orchestra's are locked into players and their big brother equivalents.

Please note I am not saying one is better than the other, I will reserve my personal opinions, just wanted to set that record straight before the flame wars begin.

Have fun guys.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

oh boy ... here we go again !

This should hit 30 posts in a couple of days.
    Maybe someone can find the answer to this same question from one of the previous dozen similar posts ...

( probably like having a front row seat at the original Scopes Monkey Trial )

-- atonal

Quote Originally Posted by atonal
    oh boy ... here we go again !

This should hit 30 posts in a couple of days.
    Maybe someone can find the answer to this same question from one of the previous dozen similar posts ...

( probably like having a front row seat at the original Scopes Monkey Trial )

-- atonal
    I don't mean to be unduly flippant, but I feel I should point out,that whatever it is your using........mine is better than yours.
    regards

Talking Re: Best Orchestral VSTi

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    HAHAHAHAHA!! I was gonna post, "Ding ding ding" but this was much better

Seriously folks. This is a "new member" so... WELCOME!

In my opinion many of the VSTi orchestras are so affordable now that you may want to purchase more then one. This way you double on strength to cover any weaknesses.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I dunno about the strings and brass libraries..but for the "Stuff' I think you should wait for Gary-Bela-NorthSouth/Quantum Skip Post's new lib simply called....

"stuff"

real stuff is sampled.

Including stuff I found in in my left front side pocket

stuff on a desk at a fed ex office

stuff that was made of stuff

stuff that makes sounds like other stuff

and stuffing from many plush animal's filled with....stuff

8 mic positions all in phase...and stuff..
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast