• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: sudden LOUD noise in 3.1

Share/Bookmark

sudden LOUD noise in 3.1

When I first got a very loud noise from my current setup, I blamed kontakt --- but perhaps it was gigastudio 3.1?? Never, in a over two years working with it, have had this before, but some of the sound contributing to the latest shout seemed to come from instruments loaded in gigastudio. It came from a sudden heavy load of midi events, with a pretty full load of instruments. Anyone have this in the new 3.1 release? Very painful for the ears, maybe even dangerous levels, and if it's gigastudio, we REALLY need another version.

TASCAM .......... you don't want all deaf users, do you??

Re: sudden LOUD noise in 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    It came from a sudden heavy load of midi events, with a pretty full load of instruments. Anyone have this in the new 3.1 release? Very painful for the ears, maybe even dangerous levels, and if it's gigastudio, we REALLY need another version.

TASCAM .......... you don't want all deaf users, do you??

It is THIS exact reason, and the ONLY reason I have gone back to version 3.04. I experienced this mainly when using the editor, and it is intolerable, especially since I use headphones. It needs to be addressed!!!
    Hearing damage, speaker and headphone damage.......thanks but no thanks Tascam.

I've experienced this. I agree that it comes from a heavy polyphony count, but in my experience it is equally related to Gigapulse. Can't remember what led me to that conclusion, other than that all instances occured while BOTH conditions were present. Definitely bad. Often, it would happen on the first playback or two after opening the file, and then GIGA would "catch on", or somesuch, and start working normally.

Belbin

I am also experiencing this suddewn change in volume, in 3.1 Usually to quiter volume but some times to a much louder volume and as I use headphones when I am playing it has made me feel quite nervious. It has occured even when I have only a single instrument loaded without GIgapulse.

TASCAM it really need fixing fast!

i am not sure that i fully understand your problem. could you explain the sound/noise a bit?

thanx
    Digital AudionetworX

The problem is that when I set a volume level in GigaStudio Orchestra 3.1 to play my keyboard it frequently suddenly changes automatically!. Normally it reduces and then stays at that level unless I change it. However sometimes it suddenly gets much louder which is quite dangerous, especially as I use earphones.

The problem has only occured for me when I upgraded to 3.1.

Angry Re: sudden LOUD noise in 3.1

I've had that too. The notes seem to "hang" and when you stop the playback, it's still playing, just a long sustain.

It's terrible, and has never happened to any other software I'm using. You can hit the "panic" button on the MIDI Interface, or do a reset in the software (in my case Cubase) and it's gone.

But it is almost impossible to mix anything with this problem, I have to do a clean restart and just pray to the one above that it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kixnare
    I've had that too. The notes seem to "hang" and when you stop the playback, it's still playing, just a long sustain.

It's terrible, and has never happened to any other software I'm using. You can hit the "panic" button on the MIDI Interface, or do a reset in the software (in my case Cubase) and it's gone.

But it is almost impossible to mix anything with this problem, I have to do a clean restart and just pray to the one above that it won't happen.
    Hanging notes can be caused by your MIDI setup in Cubase preferences. What have you told it to do when you stop playback? I think that mine is set to re-set on stop of playback rather than re-set on end of part.

D

there are two problems: the hanging or stuck note is old, from before 3.1, where a normal note just sustains forever. Many of these seem to come from using "non-kernal" midi, midi through an ethernet connection for instance, from a second computer.

the LOUD LOUD noise is new in 3.1, i believe. I get it using internal midi, the connection between a sequencer opened from within gigastudio and gigastudio itself, all on one computer.

I have experienced the problem before 3.1, not sure though if it is really the same. I got a very loud, dangerously loud noise in relation with the Gigapiano, while playing back the midi. It is possible that this problem is related to the Gigapulse. In 3.04 I have never had it without using the Gigapiano (which has it's own Gigapulse setting).

...this problem makes you indeed very paranoid, good for suspense tracks, bad for calm music...

Go Back to forum