• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume problem not Use std. cc#7 issue

Share/Bookmark

Volume problem not Use std. cc#7 issue

After installing Finale 2006 with finale GPO I installed the KONTAKT Player 1.1.0.04 Update and the Garritan Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player Mac OS X Update 1.1.8.3 library update included. I have the Native Instruments Audio Unit Setup set to Native Instruments: Garritan Personal Orchestra. I have unchecked the "Use STD. cc#7 cc#10..." option.

When I would add an organ into Finale via the Kontakt Player Load, #6 Pipe Organ, all stops; it would play much quieter than the other instruments.
    I looked around and loaded Load, #9 Notation, #6 Pipe Organ, all stops it sounded like the organ I used in finale 2005.
    The settings for both are the same in the Kontakt player.

Am I supposed to use the instruments Load, #9 Notation, when I am working with Finale 2006?

Thanks
    Jim

GPO, Finale 2006, Powermac Dual G4, 2 Gig ram, OS 10.4.1

Re: Volume problem not Use std. cc#7 issue

"9. Notation" is designed for Finale 06, so I'd say yes, you are supposed to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    "9. Notation" is designed for Finale 06, so I'd say yes, you are supposed to use it.

Nickie, what does "9.Notation" refer to? Is this a setting in F2k6 or is it part of Kontakt?

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch
    Nickie, what does "9.Notation" refer to? Is this a setting in F2k6 or is it part of Kontakt?
    It is an option to load instruments into Kontakt Player within F2k6. When you click the Load button on Kontakt Player a popup appears with the groups of instruments: 1. Woodwind, 2. Brass, 3. Keyboard, 4. Organ, strings, etc. The last group option of the group is 9. Notation. In Notation is the same groups of instruments, but there is a difference between the two.

Hope this helps you understand.
    Jim

GPO, Finale 2006, Powermac Dual G4, 2 Gig ram, OS 10.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by jimmol
    It is an option to load instruments into Kontakt Player within F2k6. When you click the Load button on Kontakt Player a popup appears with the groups of instruments: 1. Woodwind, 2. Brass, 3. Keyboard, 4. Organ, strings, etc. The last group option of the group is 9. Notation. In Notation is the same groups of instruments, but there is a difference between the two.

Hope this helps you understand.
    Thanks Jim. Graham

Go Back to forum