• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO / JABB Blogging

Share/Bookmark

GPO / JABB Blogging

You guys know I'm always trying to come up with new ways to promote your music and raise your visibility. Another idea that's occurred to me is to make use of the current popularity of blogging.

If enough interested people started a GPO and / or JABB oriented blog, we could build a presence within the blogging community and create more buzz for your music. Rather than a company oriented "What's new with GPO" thing, I envision this as a community of musicians saying, "Hey, here's the cool things I'm doing today with GPO / JABB".

The forums here are GPO central for those of us who create music, and you just can't get this kind of interaction via blogging. Blogging, however, can be a pipeline to mainstream music listeners. Talking up your GPO projects and (importantly) making mention of the other GPO blogs that you know about would be a great publicity mechanism for your music. Hundreds of people make more noise than just one, so you would each reap the benefits of an increased presence for your music amongst the mainstream world of folks who listen to, but don't create, music.

Although the non compositin listener doesn't really care how the music is made, using GPO as a central theme would be a way to conceptually link all the blogs together in spirit to achieve that group consciousness and compmosite power, which you don't get when you do an individual "My music" blog. One plus one is always greater than two!

So, yet another idea for getting the word out about your music. You have the power of a large community behind you when you use GPO / JABB. This is another way to take advantage of that benefit.

What do you think? Got any potential GPO / JABB Bloggers out there?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: GPO / JABB Blogging

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    You guys know I'm always trying to come up with new ways to promote your music and raise your visibility. Another idea that's occurred to me is to make use of the current popularity of blogging.
    <snip>
    What do you think? Got any potential GPO / JABB Bloggers out there?
    I think that is a very good idea, but I'd extend it just a little bit further (and blogs seem to have a life of their own, so it may extend all by itself) to include tips and techniques types of information. Not just compositional either, but perhaps something along the lines of "if you use the draw tool in Sonar's PRV you can get this effect."

Or maybe you already envisioned that?

I don't think it is as much of a duplication of effort as it might at first appear. We have several fora that cover all the bases here, but that doesn't necesarilly get to all the GPO users out there, where a blog or two just might.

Balance will be important, no question, since your primary purpose is exposing folks who don't hang out here to music created by those who do, but it seems to me that allowing some leeway for technique might serve several other purposes, including letting other musicians know just how powerful GPO really is.

Just a thought!

Bill

Bill

Re: GPO / JABB Blogging

Hey, Bill.

Actually, your comment about blogs taking on a life of their own is exactly what I'm hoping for, so every suggestion is a good one!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum