• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: DPDAN conducts GPO with DVORAK's NEW WORLD SYMPHONY... Bring it on!

Share/Bookmark

DPDAN conducts GPO with DVORAK's NEW WORLD SYMPHONY... Bring it on!

This is mostly done, I still need to add the typical chair squeeks and other ugly noises that 60 plus players make.
    It is 100% GPO

The link is an MP3 @ 320 kbps
    NEW WORLD SYMPHONY

Enjoy

dpDan

Re: DPDAN conducts GPO with DVORAK's NEW WORLD SYMPHONY... Bring it on!

I was just listening to this on CD earlier this evening. Your version sounds great, Dan, I actually prefer the ambience of your mock up to the live recording I was listening to earlier. What are you using for reverb?

Is this really all done in GPO, very impressive!

Thanks Looper, that is wild that you were just listening to this piece earlier this evening. Dvorak is,,, was one amazing writer/arranger wasn't he?

It is all GPO, with some Master Works EQ (stock DP plugin) on some instruments like timpani, but really most of the sounds are out of the box and used flat!
    A trick I taught myself and one that I have used in this project is a modulation plugin that I set to a very very slow modulation speed, and a very small amount of depth to instruments like french horns and bones. This modulation plugin causes the instrument to waver with regard to pitch, ever so slightly. A typical thing that happens when two or more instruments play unison. A good example of this is the first horn entrance at the beginning as the horns decrecendo, you can hear the wiggling pitch between the horns.

The reverb is the incredible Altiverb 5.
    Thanks again for your nice complimnent.
    Dan

You really tell peoples what GPO can do for them. Great work! (I'm wondering: is this the same GPO that I'm using? My GPO doesn't sounds as good as yours...)

Sounds outstanding Dan!! Did you finally give in and get Altiverb5???

Pass the cheesecake!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

After the second and more critical listen, I am thoroughly amazed. The realism portrayed in this mock-up is unbelievable. And the timpani - what EQ did you place on that track (if DPDan gives away his engineering secrets). They seem to cut through and with the reverb, the are spectacular! Wow. . . .

So much attention to detail in that work. Can you estimate the time it took you to create such a beauty??

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Thumbs up Re: DPDAN conducts GPO with DVORAK's NEW WORLD SYMPHONY... Bring it on!

Indeed, beauty beyond words. Congratulations!

Kind Regards

LouisD

Wow DPDAN!! This is an excellent work! Incredible mock-up, very good balance and great conducting

GPO sounds really good in your hands!

Can't wait to hear the last movement!!!

Thumbs up Re: DPDAN conducts GPO with DVORAK's NEW WORLD SYMPHONY... Bring it on!

Oh come on Dan give it up! I know you have "Orchestra in A Closet"!
    Outstanding as usual my friend!

PS – Did you decide whether that was a real orchestra or samples and synth in the piece I sent you?
    Styxx

Geez, Dan - talk about raising the bar! I listened to it as I was doing my morning computer housekeeping chores and if that ain't a real orchestra playing, then you'd have a hard time convincing my ears.

Great stuff, man!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum