• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Majestic Vision (Second composition) please comment

Share/Bookmark

Majestic Vision (Second composition) please comment

Hey guys,

This is my second work thatI finally finished. (Well actually it is my first when I first got GPO back in March.) I had so many ideas in my head when i wrote this that, to me, some of it seems out of place. Ilove the beggining and the climactic reprise and the end. The middle I know needs work So I call it "Majestic vision". I love the brass sound through GPO so I tried to implement as much of a "majestic" feel to it later on in the piece.

Hope you enjoy! And please comment freely.

Majestic Vision

And for those that haven't heard my first attempt here is my first full-blown Compostion.
    Lullaby

Hope you like them both
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

Re: Majestic Vision (Second composition) please comment

Pretty and very nice and enjoyable.

You write very well. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Excellent work! The calmness gives it charm and makes it very enjoyable. I think you're right about the mid section but it will come to you. Thanks for posting.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Excellent work! The calmness gives it charm and makes it very enjoyable. I think you're right about the mid section but it will come to you. Thanks for posting.

That's what i wanted to portray calmness and charm Other than that I think both pieces are a good "foundation" you might say. I have so many different melodies running trhough my head right now, I don't know if i want to rework the middle section of "majestic" or try a new piece.

Thanks for the kind comments though.
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

Some solid (and quite moving) writing, here, Superb... we're going to hearing much more from you, I know it.

The brass work is particularly good -- clean, clear voicing. (You might be a little wary when ranging strings and woodwinds low together, tough to get balance and clarity as the rich harmonic content of low strings tends to fight with the woods.)

I must particularly note the calm restraint with which you've held onto your materials, too. It'd be very easy with thematic content like this to suddenly find yourself in a thunderstorm you can't get out of... lol -- but you kept the reins on perfectly.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Some solid (and quite moving) writing, here, Superb... we're going to hearing much more from you, I know it.

The brass work is particularly good -- clean, clear voicing. (You might be a little wary when ranging strings and woodwinds low together, tough to get balance and clarity as the rich harmonic content of low strings tends to fight with the woods.)

I must particularly note the calm restraint with which you've held onto your materials, too. It'd be very easy with thematic content like this to suddenly find yourself in a thunderstorm you can't get out of... lol -- but you kept the reins on perfectly.

Thanks you so much Et Lux.

I really appreciate the expert ear out there. As I said before my first foray into orchestra composition. The only composing and theory I've ever had was back in college when I was doing my bachelors in vocal performance.

Even then we were pounded on proper voice leading. I think I've remembered alot since then. I'm sure you'll enjoy the next piece I'm working on. A different tone but beautifull none the less.

Again hanks for the comment.
    Anyone else????
    Chef Marco Teti
    www.TheSwordLord.com
    (Fine Replicated swords)

Hello, Friends!
    Excuse me for my bad english.
    I'm a new member of this interesting community.
    Perhaps, I will post very little.
    But I will return frequently to listen your compositions or arrangements.
    [Just now: your Majestic Vision and your Lullaby, dear "Superb Tenor. Let me listen only! I've no competence to give you judgements; and no language mastery (in english) for express comments.]

«Ciao a tutti!»
    (I.e.: Bye-bye to alls)
    ------------
    Erasmus

Fantastic. Very nicely done. Both the composition and the rendering in GPO are excellent. Some of the brass notes seemed to end rather abruptly, though. Maybe quickly fade them out with a CC1 controller? Just an idea.

Overall, and excellent piece of work.

Lullaby was very good too! Keep up the good work.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Hello, Marco

"Majestic Vision" is very beautiful. Such a pleasing orchestration you've done with the straight forward, unassuming material. You have quite a handle on making good recordings also!

If you're concerned about notes ending abruptly, as Gary brought up - though to me it sounded like a purposefully dramatic choice when those occurred - what you would want to do is experiment with cc21, the Length control. Gary did some first time experimenting with that himself today. Just know that you aren't stuck with the way a sample ends in GPO, you can always let the tail linger with longer length, or end briskly, with a shorter length, all through controlling cc21.

I've listened again because I instantly wanted a replay - Very enjoyable!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Marco,

You have done well with you Majestic Vision in both composition and presentation. I have very much enjoyed listening to it. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast