• Register
  • Help

Topic: error when downloading instruments

Share/Bookmark

error when downloading instruments

I can't seem to load instruments via my hard drive or DVD drive. I keep getting eg: "Error when downloading instrument D:\16 bit looped instruments\03 CELLI_looped16-.gig" It also says System is running properly and asks if I Would like to continue loading of this performance. When I press Yes nothing is loaded. Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: error when downloading instruments

i have exactly the same problem since yesterday !!!

i just recieved (yesterday) my new PC for giga (just upgraded) and here are my system specs

i am running giga 3.1 on

2.66 Ghz 533 FSB CPU 512k Cache
    Intel D865BFL Motherboard
    2 Gb Corsair Extreme RAM
    40 Gb Seagate IDE 7200rpm Boot Disk
    400 Gb RAID0 for Giga Audio Streaming (2 x 200 Seagate 7200 rpm)
    Xp Pro + Sp2
    RME 96 / 8 Pro 2.11 + RME WCM 2

i have reinstalled twice with no success

will watch this thread closely

are we missing a setting somewhere ?

Whenever I've gotne that error it's been a corrupt file. Does this happen with ALL your gigs? Just this one? Can you put a gig file on a different drive and have it do the same thing (copying the gig from the CD not from the other drive, in case it is a corrupted file)?

Quote Originally Posted by tcovem
    Whenever I've gotne that error it's been a corrupt file. Does this happen with ALL your gigs? Just this one? Can you put a gig file on a different drive and have it do the same thing (copying the gig from the CD not from the other drive, in case it is a corrupted file)?

it happens with some files but not all of them...

the 24 bit ones are causing more problems i figured out...!!

i will try what you suggest

thanks for the advice

i have deleted all my gigs and reloaded them all and the problem is still there !!

also i copied the gigs onto 2 different drives and the problem is still there

what settings can i change in giga and on my pc re: gigs loading ?

For what it's worth, i get that message every day and have for at least a year. Every time i see it, i quit Giga and re-open the program to continue - sometimes twice in a row. When it loads without error, I go on to Cubase. I also believe there are corrupted files in my samples somewhere.

I am still using Giga 160 on a 512 meg ASUS motherboard with 250 watts of power. Using some tweaks, i'm loading 94% with 42 instruments. I thought that was the problem. I don't know much about computers, so i'm surprised to see your posting of that problem with much better computers.

Today i also got the first blue screen from windows announcing it is saving my computer by closing down. Haven't seen that for several months, but if it runs true to form, the whole thing will close down and not let me access the desktop after four or five of these blue screens.

I don't know if the problems are related. I hope you don't have the second one.

Hope someone comes forward with a solution.

jamiha

it helps to press the reset button top right corner when error occurs but that only is aplicable to the ones you could load earlier !!!

If this is happening during the loading of a performance it sounds like a memory setting problem. Go to File>System settings>trouble shoot>memory configure...and make sure it's set to preset 3. That will let you use up to 67% of the total memory for Giga. If it's happening with single sounds you might suspect corrupted files. Cheers, jc

Go Back to forum