• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Titanic" Style Orchestration/Who To Hire?

Share/Bookmark

"Titanic" Style Orchestration/Who To Hire?

I am interested in finding someone to write and record "Titanic" type orchestration on a pop ballad for a future project.

Live orchestration required but am also interested in great sample-based orchestration for other projects.

Any ideas?

Also, what type of pricing?

Thank you

Re: "Titanic" Style Orchestration/Who To Hire?

Well, why don't you just yell FIRE!!! in a crowded room. LOL! I am sure you will get many responses in short order.

Sounds interesting!

As for prices, they tend to be negitiated as a one-on-one thing, and it would depend on the details of the project. Obviously, more experienced composer/arrangers who are a fair way into their careers will charge more, whereas young whippersnappers - like myself - will do the work for a lesser fee.

If you give me some more details, I'm sure I will be able to offer some assistance.

Basically, it would be (approx) a five minute song that I would present with just piano and vocal.

It would be done from that. Basically a pop tune in need of an orchestra.

Thank you for the responses thus far :-)

Ok. If you could give me an mp3, or the score for the song, then I'll have a look and see what I can come up with for you. You might want to do it in a pm to stop someone nicking it though!
    Might be an idea - if you can - to get a couple more people having a go. That way, at the end you've got more than one potential direction to go in with the orchestration.
    Only one person will have the job - but the others will have gained experience from their pitch, and another piece for their portfolios. Everybody wins!

Quote Originally Posted by wilx
    Only one person will have the job - but the others will have gained experience from their pitch, and another piece for their portfolios. Everybody wins!
    That's not a bad idea considering that that the song is relatively short. It might be nice to try it out.

I'm interested. I've done a number of orchestrations for "pop" music.

I wouldn't mind hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    That's not a bad idea considering that that the song is relatively short. It might be nice to try it out.

In my first post about this I wrote "future project".

This song does not exist yet.

However, I make my living full time writing and producing original songs that I want to start recording with orchestral sounds in the very near future.

I hope that makes it a bit clearer.

Thanks for all the PM's! It is going to take me a minute or two to sort through everyone's stuff.

Again, this certainly would be a paying gig as I would not want to waste anyone's time.

Thank you

Go Back to forum