• Register
  • Help

Topic: What playing technique?

Share/Bookmark

What playing technique?

This file...

www.marcussenmusic.com/help.mp3

The string part in the middle... what playing technique is that.. and what sample library can acheive it?

Sounds a bit like sordino tremelo... but is it?

Re: What playing technique?

Sounds like Tremelo Sul Ponticello. I know that SISS and GOS have it, and some solo string libraries do too. VSL only has non-tremelo Sul Ponticello I believe.

Thanks herman... sweet stuff, since I have both GOS and SISS... gonna throw it into my template!

The thing that gets me about string libs is that you also have to worry about punta d'arco, which could be one of the parameters of the sound in question...it drives me nuts that crossfading/dimension limits/phase issues/memory/polyphony limits etc make it impossible to integrate all possible expressive possiblities like this into a single usable instrument(at least if you want an orchestra comprised of such instruments. My polyphony counts are ridiculous since I recently finished a template in which all non-percussive instruments have dynamic crossfades on long notes. Not even going to TRY getting vib/no-vib in there. I'm a giga user, so maybe some such procedures are less intensive on other platforms....

I guess this is a bit of a tangent, but: Thoughts?

Belbin

More computers... its the only way

Like you I have the mod wheel dynamics, but no room for Mv+Ov

See my newest thread. I'll kick majopr ~~~ yet.

Belbin

Go Back to forum