• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Jeff Beal Nominated for an Emmy

Share/Bookmark

Jeff Beal Nominated for an Emmy

One of our forum members, Jeff Beal, has been nominated for a prime time Emmy in the category "Dramatic Composition For A Series" (musical underscore) for his work on HBO's series "CARNIVALE"

Jeff was also honored to have worked on two films which were both honored by multiple Emmy nominations: "BACK WHEN WE WERE GROWNUPS", Directed by Ron Underwood, starring Emmy nominee Blythe Danner; and "THE WOOL CAP", Directed by Steven Schachter, starring Emmy nominee William H. Macy

Jeff is currently composing the score for the HBO/BBC co-production "ROME" which will premiere in the US on August 28th.

This is great news! Congratulations Jeff. It's good to see you getting the recognition among your peers you so deserve.

Gary Garritan

Re: Jeff Beal Nominated for an Emmy

Jeff,

Congratulations. I really enjoy your work and expertise you given to this forum in the past.
    i watched the pilot ep. of Medium just to hear your stuff. Of course my wife and I STILL love MONK. I always smile when my wife says, 'I llike the old theme song better!'
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Thumbs up Re: Jeff Beal Nominated for an Emmy

Rightly so! Jeff captures the essence of drama in each series with his compositions! I love Jeff's work and regard him as the most influential composers of our time!
    Congratulations Jeff! Very exciting news thanks for sharing.
    Styxx

Thanks guys for all of your kind words and Gary for the post. It's an great honor to be regognized by my peers in this way!
    My best,
    Jeff

Are you the same Jeff Beal that wrote A Blues Grows in Brooklyn? I have loved doing that chart with my students. Sorry to see it is no longer published.

How cool! Great job Jeff!

Dan

Fantastic News, Jeff. I didn't realize that you were doing the music for Rome. I really want to see it, alas, I do not get HBO. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait until it is released on DVD. Congratulations once again!!

Good luck with the Emmy. I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Watched the premire of the new HBO series "Rome" and Jeff's name scrolled by, "Music by Jeff Beal". Perfect!
    Styxx

CONGRATS JEFF!!!

What an honor to be nominated for an Emmy!!

Congratulations Jeff - that's fantastic news. Now go bag it!

Go Back to forum