• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade to Kontakt 2?

Share/Bookmark

Upgrade to Kontakt 2?

As a result of buying GPO during the recent group buy, NI has offered to sell me Kontakt 2 for $289 US. Is this a good price? Is the full Kontakt 2 a good investment? Thanks in advance for all opinions.

Talking Re: Upgrade to Kontakt 2?

Quote Originally Posted by drmathprog
    As a result of buying GPO during the recent group buy, NI has offered to sell me Kontakt 2 for $289 US. Is this a good price? Is the full Kontakt 2 a good investment? Thanks in advance for all opinions.
    drmathprog:

I'm also considering this upgrade offer. The 15 GB of samples which come with it may make it too good to pass up. My question is this:

Does the upgrade work with GPO? What kind of fooling around will I have to do to get GPO into it? Are there any advanced features available to GPO with this sampler?

OK. So that's three questions. Any help would be appreciated and I didn't mean to hyjack your thread Doctor.

Of course I have other reasons for wanting this sampler. The NS7kit for one.

Thanks

Paul
    AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ 2.2GHz
    XP Pro 2GB Ram
    80GB OS, 160GB Audio, 320GB Samples
    Delta 66 Omni Sonar 5PE GPO, JABB

Re: Upgrade to Kontakt 2?

I am also pondering this upgrade. Paul Gilreath's book (my bible in such matters) advises that it is a bad idea to buy a sample player just for its bundled samples. I subsequently went to Native Instruments on line shop and, after a lot of navigation, found a full breakdown on the 15GB of samples. The only thing that would be a genuine addition to what is on GPO would be the guitars. The other sounds seem to come in blocks so would not do for me, who is attracted to the single instrument and ensemble approach. I think Kontakt 2 would be a good deal for anybody who wants to dig deeper into sound envelopes. But will I ever do that? I am still dithering. But suspect I will hold on and spend on GPO4 when it comes out. After that I will wait for GPOA and take a long, cool cook at what is new, and what cost. Upgrade sweeteners, of course, also have a lot to do with a decision.

By which of course I meant Overture 4.

I'm curious to know if installing the Kontakt2 upgrade replaces the GPO player, or installs seperately. Will the GPO be playable through Kontakt2?

/dave

Quote Originally Posted by dbmac
    I'm curious to know if installing the Kontakt2 upgrade replaces the GPO player, or installs seperately. Will the GPO be playable through Kontakt2?

/dave
    Completely seperate program. Independant of the player. Does not replace it. GPOs samples are loadable into Kontakt, you will however be working in a totally different and broader interface.

Michael

Go Back to forum