• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pizz Keyswitches.

Share/Bookmark

Pizz Keyswitches.

Has anyone else had this problem. When I use a Keyswitch in my String patches to pizz. The volume drops off significantly, and CC1 commands no longer seem to help.

I'm using GPO with Sibelius 3

MsP

Re: Pizz Keyswitches.

I have not had any experience with Sibelius at all, but the first thing I would look for is the relative volume of the two patches in the Kontakt player. Perhaps adjusting one of these would help compensate for the difference. I haven’t found this to be a problem with DP on a Mac, but as I mentioned I’ve had no experience with Sibelius whatsoever.

Good luck solveing this,

Karl

MSP,

I could be mistaken, but I think the pizz. articulations don't respond to CC#1, they respond to velocity.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    MSP,

I could be mistaken, but I think the pizz. articulations don't respond to CC#1, they respond to velocity.

JT
    Exactly right. There are two broad categories in GPO: Expressive and Percussive. Expressive involves sustained a notes and control is provided through mod wheel data. Percussive involves "strike and decay." Piano is a good example of a Percussive instrument. Pizzicato strings are another example. Percussive instruments use standard velocity response to control volume/brightness. Most of the time in GPO the categories are independent of one another but they can occur within the same instrument when keyswitch selections are available. When you choose the pizz KS, use higher velocities if you want the notes to be louder.

Tom

Go Back to forum