• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Piano 2: Is there a demo?

Share/Bookmark

Giga Piano 2: Is there a demo?

Hi,

I can't find a demo of the new giga piano.
    Can some one point me to a URL to hear it?

Thank you,

Steve

Re: Giga Piano 2: Is there a demo?

Here is a thread with some early demos.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23954

Be aware that GP2 has some metallic notes on the highest velocity layer. Bruce Richardson recently wrote that he likes using GP2 live, after changing the velocity map to avoid the loudest layer. GP2 is bright, so it works well for jazz and pop, as long as you use that top layer sparingly.

The pedal up/down resonance is cool though. All the top piano lib developers added that feature very quickly.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Here is a thread with some early demos.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23954

Be aware that GP2 has some metallic notes on the highest velocity layer. Bruce Richardson recently wrote that he likes using GP2 live, after changing the velocity map to avoid the loudest layer. GP2 is bright, so it works well for jazz and pop, as long as you use that top layer sparingly.

The pedal up/down resonance is cool though. All the top piano lib developers added that feature very quickly.

-JF
    Ahhh .... thanks John.

I'm using GPiano 1 now and it's nice but was hoping for something a bit warmer.

Steve

Personally, I prefer the PMI Bos 290 demo piano that ships with GS3. I find that it has a nice balance to my ear. It's very usable as is, though I would love to upgrade to the full boat version.

I don't know if it has the warmth that you are looking for, but you could listen to the demos at the post piano site to hear what it sounds like.

-JF

Thumbs up Re: Giga Piano 2: Is there a demo?

Maybe off topic but if you would like a warm upright, give a listen to the Clinton piano in the Vintaudio Upright Piano sample library. It's a great piano 4 ensemble playing. Great for smoky bar trio sound, as well as solo.

Jimmy V.

Talking Re: Giga Piano 2: Is there a demo?

Quote Originally Posted by james vogts
    Maybe off topic but if you would like a warm upright, give a listen to the Clinton piano in the Vintaudio Upright Piano sample library. It's a great piano 4 ensemble playing. Great for smoky bar trio sound, as well as solo.

Jimmy V.
    Nothing to add, except that I found it funny to see the words "warm", "upright" and "Clinton" in the same sentence.

DG

Thanks for all of the input everyone.

How do you like the Yamaha in this lib.?
    http://www.ilio.com/synthogy/ivory/

I might be partial to the bell like quality of the Yamaha
    as it resembles my S90 a bit in the color but is most likely much better.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Nothing to add, except that I found it funny to see the words "warm", "upright" and "Clinton" in the same sentence.

DG
    We are not talking about cigars isn'nt it?

Maybe Virtual Grand Piano from ArtVista is something for you! It really sounds great, samples over 6 GB and a lot different styles too choose from. For me it is the best sampled piano i have heard! And don't panic......it cost only 99,- dollars?????? It will be shipped the same day when ordered and it will be delivered fast!

Go Back to forum