• Register
  • Help

Topic: Portaudio error(-9997): Invalid sample rate

Share/Bookmark

Portaudio error(-9997): Invalid sample rate

I just put in a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card today. Unfortunately, when starting GPO Studio it crashes. First, it gives me the error message "Portaudio error(-9997): Invalid sample rate, followed by another error message "Unable to initialise audio driver", followed by a system message "Access violation."

The Audigy 2 ZS is ASIO 2.0 compliant. I ran the Setup routine in Garritan Personal Orchestra and tried every single combination of drivers/sampling rates-including ASIO4All v2-but GPO Studio keeps crashing with the same error messages.

Help!

Re: Portaudio error(-9997): Invalid sample rate

You're not alone.
    I had the same problem shortly after I installed GPO. It came after I changed the driver to SB Audigy 2 ZS 24/96 [D...(duplex).
    Now you probably can't do much else than uninstall the whole thing, restore your system (Windows) to a point before you installed GPO, reboot and then reinstall GPO. This worked for me. And don't choose the above mentioned driver before you have set the GPO sample rate to something that matches your soundcards samplerate (probably 96 KHz).

You might try setting the sample rate at 44.1 in the sound card applet before you start GPO. I think all audigy's default to 48.

Quote Originally Posted by L0W
    You might try setting the sample rate at 44.1 in the sound card applet before you start GPO. I think all audigy's default to 48.
    Known bug of GPO Studio 1.2:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...highlight=9997

Sorry for the inconvenients
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum