• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Bush is a dictator

Share/Bookmark

Bush is a dictator

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I hope the Democrats protest Bush's using of John Bolton as a suppository to the rest of the world as vigorously as possible. This is a sad day for democracy in the U.S.

Re: Bush is a dictator

First of all, Clinton himself used the power of Recess Appointments 143 times during his Presidency. Did you call him a dictator?

Secondly...Under the Constitution's so-called "Recess Appointments Clause" (Article II, Section 2), the president has the power to temporarily fill any official "vacancy" without approval of the Senate when Congress is not in session. Anyone so appointed sits in office until the Senate votes on their confirmation—or until the Senate's next session expires. Check out the constitution some time...it's an amazing document you guys seem to want to change on a daily basis. There is a way around this...and it is not choosing to NOT have a U.N. Ambassador. Let Bolton's nomination go to the floor for an up and down vote. Simple as that. Tell your senators to vote no...then it will not be an issue. But, you know that Bolton has the 51+ votes to be confirmed and the Dems are using procedural issues to block a vote...so, this is what they get.

...and then there is this lovely little whoops!

"It's even worse for the administration to abuse the recess appointment power by making the appointment while Congress is in this five-week recess. It's a devious maneuver that evades the constitutional requirement of Senate consent and only further darkens the cloud over Mr. Bolton's credibility at the U.N."

-Ted Kennedy Aug 1, 2005
    - in regards to Bolton's recess appointment.

"I have long since urged recess appointments to break log jams"

-Ted Kennedy 1999
    - in regards to Bill Lan Lee's recess appointment.

You guys are just mad because it clearly reminds you & your party that you are no longer in power.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Mad?! Try totally despondent that not just Republicans but insane fools with no regard for the human race are in power. This isn't a sport, it's the death of our republic.

Clinton never once appointed a far-left zealot ~~~~~~~ ~~~~face scumbag from the leftist equivalent of the PNAC - not that there is such a thing - who was soundly spiked by both Democrats and Republicans (some Republicans, anyway). He was a centrist president who made his career by compromising (and I don't mean anything sexual by that ). Bush ~~~~s on that whole concept - he just wants to inflict as much damage on the world as he can while he's still in power. (He doesn't consider it damage, of course, because Christ is on his side and commands him to declare war on everything in sight.)

I personally am not even complaining about his recess appointments of conservative vaginaface judges, I'm complaining about an *ambassador to the UN* who has utter disdain for the entire concept of international mediation.

John Bolton is really, really bad news. This is an unmitigated disaster.

Did I mention that I'm not a fan of John Bolton?

By the way, the alternative is NOT to go without a UN ambassador. This is why I always lose my temper with you, Brian - you insist on posting provocatively idiotic statements. Don't you have any original thoughts? If you're going to parrot someone mindlessly, you should at least pick a three-quarter wit to imitate.

Bush was fully aware that every politician on either side with an IQ over 80 would react with utter dismay to John Bolton's nomination. You know perfectly well that the sensible alternative is to come up with a qualified candidate, not to cram the single most inappropriate candidate imaginable up the world's rear end.

Your sanctimonious quoting of the Constitution is also really lame. Of course it's legal. The point is that it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Of course it's legal. The point is that it sucks.
    This IS the main issue. Bush is totally within his rights to do recess appointments and yes, both parties do it and the opposing party always get sanctimonius about it, and ...yada yada.

It's just that Bolton is such a POOR choice for UN Ambasador.

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Yes.

And this is the *Ambassador to the UN* - a MAJOR world position, not just some right-wing ~~~~~~~ judge.

The terrible rule that allows presidents to do this is in desperate need of reworking. What we have now isn't even a benign dictatorship, it's a malignant one.

The effect these people have on our country - and the world - is going to take generations to recover from. Meanwhile the Brians of this world are gloating about how "their side won."

Where ignorance is bliss...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    You guys are just mad because it clearly reminds you & your party that you are no longer in power.
    This statement is ridiculous and shows that you have never understood a word we've said. To most of us here I don't think it matters WHO is in power as long as they serve the best interests of this country. We may have minor disagreements with various parties, but among reasonable folks, such things can be worked out.

Bush & the neocons are far from reasonable and do not serve the best interests of the country. And anyone who thinks they do, is not paying attention.

Despite my opposition to many things someone like, say, John McCain believes, I'd take him any day of the week over an extremist on either side of the aisle.

So we're not upset at all about not being in power. We're upset about who currently IS in power and the destruction they're doing to our home.

These people may label themselves Republican, but they're really fascists, as the evidence certainly shows.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

By the way, the alternative is NOT to go without a UN ambassador. This is why I always lose my temper with you, Brian - you insist on posting provocatively idiotic statements. Don't you have any original thoughts? If you're going to parrot someone mindlessly, you should at least pick a three-quarter wit to imitate.
    Nick,

Try climbing down off your high-horse and reading what Brian actually posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    There is a way around this...and it is not choosing to NOT have a U.N. Ambassador. Let Bolton's nomination go to the floor for an up and down vote.
    Bush was fully aware that every politician on either side with an IQ over 80 would react with utter dismay to John Bolton's nomination.
    If this were the case, then why was the Senate stalling on Bolton's nomination? A simple up-or-down vote would have ended Bolton's chances.

Your sanctimonious quoting of the Constitution is also really lame. Of course it's legal. The point is that it sucks.
    I don't think Brian was sanctimoneous at all. In light of your hysterics I thought it was quite appropriate. Seriously, must you behave like a child? Bush is not a dictator, there is no threat to our republic, and democracy is alive and well. If you wish to protest, do so in an intelligent manner.

I'm not on a high horse or hysterical, I'm appropriately furious and outraged. Intelligence is precisely what people who agree with this band of imbeciles need and aren't using.

And I did read what Brian wrote, unfortunately. It's exactly what Bush said - the same rehearsed lie. I don't give a flying hoot what Clinton or any other president did. This horse's ~~~ PNAC lunatic absolutely should not have been annointed Ambassador to the UN.

Bush has sunk to a new low. It's hard to believe that was possible.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast