• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just burning woodt.

Share/Bookmark

Just burning woodt.

Listening to jazz on me way into woik this marning. It struck [insert slap here] me just how much other instruments of other genres have infiltrated Jazz. In particular was an instrumental with a Dandeon as solo doing improvisations as well as the melody that was played on 91.1 out of Canada. Why even the drums were pitched to what some of us may consider a Rock tonality (low pitch, powerful tone) yet was quite fitting though for the piece. And I guess that’s just it … the style in which the piece cores. Yes? No? Maybe not? Huh? Watt did he say?
    I hoid another jazz instrumental yesterday where the solo instrument was an oboe. Pretty cool sounding and quite effective.
    Hemmingway, it’s a nice Sonny day and I thought I would Cher this with you. Da Da … Da Da … Da Da Dadadaaa!
    What do you thing? Should Gary have a Band of Deon’s in GPOAbcdefg?
    So this leads me to behave that all instruments should be considered as equals in all genres of music and we should all drop the notion that certain instruments belong to specific genres of music. Apteral, this is the 21st Century and people of the new generation know a lot more than the generations past, right? RIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHT! So, why am I bothering to tell you all of this foolish nonsense and worst of all you are reading it?
    I tell you this … There is absolutely nothing wrong with me! The whole world is crazy but I’m OK!
    And with all said, ………… will you include large and small “Flexitone” now?
    Styxx

Re: Just burning woodt.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    So, why am I bothering to tell you all of this foolish nonsense and worst of all you are reading it?
    Maybe you're at work and maybe you're bored silly? But yor're right. Why am I reading this. Maybe I'm suposed to be doing work, and I'm bored silly also.

Karl

Yeah, there is only so much you can do with students that insist on their belligerence! (hint hint)
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    So this leads me to behave that all instruments should be considered as equals in all genres of music and we should all drop the notion that certain instruments belong to specific genres of music. Apteral, this is the 21st Century and people of the new generation know a lot more than the generations past, right? RIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHT!
    Thats right...So bring on the Turntable Quintets!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    Thats right...So bring on the Turntable Quintets!

;-)
    I would actually like to hear that.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum