• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Looking for Orchestral FX sample cd???????

Share/Bookmark

Looking for Orchestral FX sample cd???????

I am looking for a orchestral cd
    of just orchesrtal effects.
    I know of Orchestral Adventures.
    Is there any others?
    Thanks
    Dave

Re: Looking for Orchestral FX sample cd???????

It won't help you now - but this winter should see the release of a huge, in depth avant-garde and electroacoustic instrument library that will feature all the playing techniques you could ask for in orchestral FX plus a great deal more. We are already in talks with SEAMUS (Society for Electro-Acoustic Musicians) and the Univ. of Illinois' Experimental Music Dept for collaboration on expanding the knowledge of avant-garde and experimental music.

More info when the time is right.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Are you looking for extended playing techniques, i.e. strings bowing behind the bridge and flute jet whistles? Or are you looking for orchestration techniques, i.e. sound beds like Penderecki's bands of sound?

1. Buy every library made. Many contain some special effect sounds, some solo others ensemble. Some libraries have more than others. AO, SAM, Sonic Implants, Xsample have quite a few, but they are only a small portion of the sound contents of each title.

2. Create your own using your current library of sounds. Need bands of sound a la Penderecki? Use several solo violins (GPO?) set to the same midi channel. Detune each instrument adding a quarter step to the previous one. Strike one key...voilá! Want them to converge to a single pitch via glisses? Change each instrument's pitch wheel assignments to individually compensate for your detuning. Now using the wheel moves each instruments pitch proportionally closer - or farther away if you move it in the opposite direction.

How about framed figures? Track each part in solo mode and play with some ad lib feel as a performer would. With some creative programming and tracking nearly every "avant garde" orchestrational technique can be accomplished.

Hope this helps,
    Derek

Thumbs up Re: Looking for Orchestral FX sample cd???????

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    It won't help you now - but this winter should see the release of a huge, in depth avant-garde and electroacoustic instrument library that will feature all the playing techniques you could ask for in orchestral FX plus a great deal more. We are already in talks with SEAMUS (Society for Electro-Acoustic Musicians) and the Univ. of Illinois' Experimental Music Dept for collaboration on expanding the knowledge of avant-garde and experimental music.

More info when the time is right.
    Sounds very good, Alan! Best of luck with that. Dig deep for it, and go for "dirty and alive", if you see what I mean. It's the only way to do an avant-garde library.

Cheers
    Heath

You might be interested in the Orchestral Wild Takes series from Back In Time Records, they're running a group buy on it atm. Here's the KvR announcement:

www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96450

Here's some product info:

www.backintimerecords.de/bitr051.htm

This is an mp3 presentation track:

www.wusik.com/song.php?id=819

/Yoss

There's a library called Classical Wildtakes but I don't know where to get it these days. Some useul FX on that one.

/Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dudley Simpson
    Best of luck with that. Dig deep for it
    Heath
    No Alan! The budget has been set!

Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

I"m pretty sure that Sony Acid loops has a collection of 20th century orchestral stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    No Alan! The budget has been set!

Does it mean that this fantastic avant-garde library is not gonna happen?
    I'd buy it immediately!!! Great idea Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Abel
    Does it mean that this fantastic avant-garde library is not gonna happen?
    I'd buy it immediately!!! Great idea Alan
    Don't worry Abel, the library has been in development for over nine months now, it won't go away that easily. Frank's just worried about the expense report. Plus he likes to tease me a lot... these working conditions, arrg.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum