• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    h'lo all,

    I've seen a number of ads for guys who build custom PC's with Giga installed, but - correct me of I'm wrong - aren't you paying those guys for a (rather expensive) piece of sofware (Giga Orch 3.10), that you already own? I'd like to find a great custom builder that'll transfer my Giga from my existing PC to the new one. suggestions?

    thanks,

    bill myers
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

  2. #2

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    All the custom places I've spoken too will either configure and send with no Giga on it so you can install - or will install and authorizeusing your CD-Key/Serial number that you provide to them - so you're not paying for it again - you're using your existing license. They do offer it as a paid option for those that don't already own GS.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

  3. #3

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    Quote Originally Posted by williemyers
    h'lo all,

    I've seen a number of ads for guys who build custom PC's with Giga installed, but - correct me of I'm wrong - aren't you paying those guys for a (rather expensive) piece of sofware (Giga Orch 3.10), that you already own? I'd like to find a great custom builder that'll transfer my Giga from my existing PC to the new one. suggestions?

    thanks,

    bill myers
    When I got my last three Carillon PCs I paid them £60 to install and test my software. For the money, it saved me hours of time, as everything was up and running immediately. Obviously I have tweaked the system so that it runs better now, but have passed on the tweaks that I have made so that they can incorpoate them into the next PCs that I am getting.

    DG

  4. #4

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    When I got my last three Carillon PCs I paid them £60 to install and test my software. For the money, it saved me hours of time, as everything was up and running immediately. Obviously I have tweaked the system so that it runs better now, but have passed on the tweaks that I have made so that they can incorpoate them into the next PCs that I am getting.

    DG
    We charge 1/3rd less then Carillion in UK everything well installed and 2 Days tested under real live conditions. We dont charge any extra money for installing extra software.
    Digital AudionetworX

    ______________________________
    http://www.digital-audionetworx.de
    mac - pc - gigastudio
    berlin - germany

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hollywood California
    Posts
    108

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    Ditto for Hollywood, CA! Cheers, jc/canyon computers (323) 465- 1261/jaconrad@pacbell.net

  6. #6

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    Quote Originally Posted by Digital AudionetworX
    We charge 1/3rd less then Carillion in UK everything well installed and 2 Days tested under real live conditions. We dont charge any extra money for installing extra software.
    Useful to know; I'll bear that in mind when I get the next generation of machines...!

    D

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Martinez, California (Bay
    Posts
    163

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    PCAUDIOLABS built my new system and they installed all of my software and certified it (Sonar 4 PE and Giga 3) at no additional charge. Selling you the software is just a service IF you need it.


    Mixednuts (aka Rob)

  8. #8

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    My suggestion: GET A MAC G5 DUAL 2.7 WITH KONTAKT OR MACH 5 = SAVE YOURSELF THE GS BS. PROBLEM FREE !!!

  9. #9

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    Quote Originally Posted by lul
    My suggestion: GET A MAC G5 DUAL 2.7 WITH KONTAKT OR MACH 5 = SAVE YOURSELF THE GS BS. PROBLEM FREE !!!
    No sorry, we don't want to play; this is a GigaStudio forum. Now if you want to talk about Macs; no wait, they are all PCs now aren't they??!

    D

  10. #10

    Re: custom PC for Giga 3 using*MY* software??

    Quote Originally Posted by lul
    My suggestion: GET A MAC G5 DUAL 2.7 WITH KONTAKT OR MACH 5 = SAVE YOURSELF THE GS BS. PROBLEM FREE !!!

    or better buy 3 gigastudios for the same money from me and enjoy your live

    g5 2,7ghz + 4gb ram = 3900€

    3 pc´s with amd64 3200+, 2gb ram, 80gb hd for system, fast mainboard which allows 1.5ms latency even on 95% cpu power with rme cards, ultra quiet!!!

    = 3900€

    then you have much more ram for samples, a better latency, way more horsepower for playing simultan voices and gigapulse, rockstable and the 3 pc´s are even quieter than 1 g5 2,7 ghz


    ok, you need 3 x rme 9632 instead 1 x rme 9652, so what?
    Digital AudionetworX

    ______________________________
    http://www.digital-audionetworx.de
    mac - pc - gigastudio
    berlin - germany

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •