• Register
  • Help

Topic: Country Sage Expander

Share/Bookmark

Country Sage Expander

I think Spectrasonics should release a Country Sage Expander. They have a lot of other idioms of music covered including Backbeat, Funk, Ethnic, Hard Rock, Techno, etc. Country is a huge sector of music that hasn't been covered. Whether you like it or not, Country is prominent throughout the South and Midwest. Myself, I'm not a huge country fan, but a lot of the ballads that I write cross over into that category. Therefore, I shop them around down in Nashville.
    There are a lot of styles within country to be covered. Texas two step, swing, etc...... What do you think Eric?

Ron

Talking Re: Country Sage Expander

Don't get your hopes up for a dedicated Country Xpander.

We made a Country board for Roland JV series a long time ago and I think it was the worst selling Expansion board of all time. :-)

I get the idea though...those types of grooves are useful to have.

spectrum

Re: Country Sage Expander

Now, there's an idea...Honestly, I think there are better options - like the Drums on Demand stuff. I don't know if I'm ready for Country RMX...

Just so you know - I live in NashVegas...

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

We made a Country board for Roland JV series a long time ago and I think it was the worst selling Expansion board of all time. :-)

I get the idea though...those types of grooves are useful to have.

spectrum
    Actually Backbeat works pretty well for that.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I agree with Asher...for most country pop stuff, Backbeat will work great. But if you're into the more traditional sounding stuff like texas two steps or a bluegrassy, country shuffle - even something more basic like Garageband's stock loops will do.

Charles

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to try working with Backbeat in more detail.
    Also, the Drums On Demand Country loops look interesting.

Thanks,

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

spectrum
    If it makes you feel any better - it got rave reviews from some users in the soloact newsgroup.

Ernie

Go Back to forum