• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale2006 + GPO + JABB = ?

Share/Bookmark

Finale2006 + GPO + JABB = ?

Reverend Garritan. Doctor Hopkins, Your Worship. May I approach the bench?

GPO Lite with Finale 2006 is fantastic. Amazing.
    GPO The-Works with Finale 2006 is overwhelmingly cool.

My query: when the JABB library is released, will it be possible to combine sounds from GPO The-Works with JABB? Currently, when setting up an orchestration, one is offered the choice of the Finale SoftSynth, GPO Lite, or (for those fortunate souls), the full Garritan Personal Orchestra. But no combination thereof; for semi-obvious reasons.

Please say we'll be able to set up all kinds of combinations of instruments. Please.

I rest my case.

Re: Finale2006 + GPO + JABB = ?

Dave, you are able to mix GPO lite and full.

Have you copied the GPO full VST.dll into the FinaleVST folder?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by David_Maddux
    Reverend Garritan. Doctor Hopkins, Your Worship. May I approach the bench?
    You may approach...

Quote Originally Posted by David_Maddux
    GPO Lite with Finale 2006 is fantastic. Amazing.
    GPO The-Works with Finale 2006 is overwhelmingly cool.

My query: when the JABB library is released, will it be possible to combine sounds from GPO The-Works with JABB? Currently, when setting up an orchestration, one is offered the choice of the Finale SoftSynth, GPO Lite, or (for those fortunate souls), the full Garritan Personal Orchestra. But no combination thereof; for semi-obvious reasons.

Please say we'll be able to set up all kinds of combinations of instruments. Please.

I rest my case.
    It is my understanding you will be able to combine sounds from JABB and GPO. I will contact MakeMusic and try to confirm this.

Gary Garritan

It is my understanding you will be able to combine sounds from JABB and GPO. I will contact MakeMusic and try to confirm this.
    I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Well, it is already possible to combine sounds GPO Finale Edition and GPO Full in the same document, so it ought to work exactly the same way for GPO JABB (and any other NI-compatible AU/VST libraries).

The only constraint is that you can't combine sounds from two different libraries in the same instance of the Kontakt Player. So you would need to use (at least) two instances, one for the JABB instruments, and one for the GPO instruments.

Also, Robert, since you're here -- we've talked about this before, but is there any chance of the HP update in the Fin2006 maintenance release including support for the JABB keyswitches? Or will we have to wait for Fin2007 for that?

One more question for Gary -- will there be a "notation" version of the JABB instruments, like the one just released for GPO Full?

You know, gentlemen, I realized that this is probably a total non-issue. Yes, combining GPO Lite (Fewer Calories Than Regular GPO and Less Filling) and GPO Full (That Original Taste Just Like Your Mother Made) is completely easy.

Obviously, JABB is going to jump in there and be available, no problem.

*Psst* Gary. Yeah, you. Gary...
    Howzabout some of these soon...?

Also, Robert, since you're here -- we've talked about this before, but is there any chance of the HP update in the Fin2006 maintenance release including support for the JABB keyswitches? Or will we have to wait for Fin2007 for that?

I don't know. I can't give you many details right now. But definitely HP will suport JABB at some point! (at the latest, for Fin2k7)

R.

So if you are using Windows version of Finale 2006 you can have Finale GPO and full GPO working side by side?
    On my Mac running 10.4.2, I had to take all NI components out of the plug-ins folder except the Finale GPO just so Finale 2006 would start up! If there are any other NI AU plugins in the components folder, Finale 2006 locks up on the initialize MIDI step and then quits.

When I took the other components out and was therefore able to launch Finale 2006, I was VERY impressed with the sound and performance on my 1 gHz Aluminum Powerbook. Much better performance than with the full GPO. Thanks for that!! I suppose I can sketch in Finale with approximations of the sounds that I will ultimately use, then port the midi file out to DP or Logic and assemble from there with full GPO.

Cheers,
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by thgmusic
    So if you are using Windows version of Finale 2006 you can have Finale GPO and full GPO working side by side?
    On the Mac, too.

On my Mac running 10.4.2, I had to take all NI components out of the plug-ins folder except the Finale GPO just so Finale 2006 would start up!
    This is not normal.

If there are any other NI AU plugins in the components folder, Finale 2006 locks up on the initialize MIDI step and then quits.
    Not on my Mac.

When I took the other components out and was therefore able to launch Finale 2006, I was VERY impressed with the sound and performance on my 1 gHz Aluminum Powerbook. Much better performance than with the full GPO. Thanks for that!! I suppose I can sketch in Finale with approximations of the sounds that I will ultimately use, then port the midi file out to DP or Logic and assemble from there with full GPO.
    This is absolutely not necessary. Finale 2006 works very well with GPO Full. I don't know what went wrong with your system, but you might try reinstalling GPO and reapplying all of the updates.

Go Back to forum