• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Y'all,

    Here are two of my piano works:

    "Fantastikeys", a real workout for the left hand.

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ntastikeys.mp3

    and

    "Tag", in which the instrumental voices chase each other as in the children's game.

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/Tag.mp3

    Regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Wonderful as usual Larry



    As I listened to "Fantastikeys", I felt the chord structure could be well suited if played more legato.. .slower,.. like a rhythmic pulse. ( en expressif ! ) There's some great building climaxes that seem to pass too quick. I think a lot of mood could yield from a slower expressive performance. ( experiment with the tempo track)

    But of course the mood/feel of your piece would change entirely.



    … just a thought.

    Great work!

  3. #3
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Excellent work. I love following the constantly shifting details in your pieces. Fantastikeys from 2:48 on is especially exciting. Tag is my favorite of the two. The initial subject is perfect and way you develop it does suggest "chasing". Well done.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  4. #4

    Re: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp2
    Wonderful as usual Larry

    As I listened to "Fantastikeys", I felt the chord structure could be well suited if played more legato.. .slower,.. like a rhythmic pulse. ( en expressif ! ) There's some great building climaxes that seem to pass too quick. I think a lot of mood could yield from a slower expressive performance. ( experiment with the tempo track)

    But of course the mood/feel of your piece would change entirely.

    … just a thought.

    Great work!
    Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions.

    I just listened to "Fantastikeys" at a slower tempo and what fire it had (if any) was snuffed. It didn't sound so good to my old ears.

    I appreciate your taking the time to listen.

    Best regards,

    Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Excellent work. I love following the constantly shifting details in your pieces. Fantastikeys from 2:48 on is especially exciting. Tag is my favorite of the two. The initial subject is perfect and way you develop it does suggest "chasing". Well done.
    I am much obliged for your uplifting remarks, Val. Thanks.

    You are not actually a chick named Valerie, are you?

    Regards,

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    I am much obliged for your uplifting remarks, Val. Thanks.

    You are not actually a chick named Valerie, are you?

    Regards,

    LGA
    Naa. I'm a dude named Bill, but I do keep in touch with my feminine side (whatever that is). Valhalx just sounds cool.
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  7. #7

    Re: "Fantastikeys" and "Tag" (two of my piano works)

    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Naa. I'm a dude named Bill, but I do keep in touch with my feminine side (whatever that is). Valhalx just sounds cool.
    OK, Dude. Thanks for clearing that up.

    I am actually a chick named Laura. I can't explain the beard.
    (I'm kidding, I'm kidding.)

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •